Medved QuoteTracker gets better and better

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by qdz2, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

Medved's Quotetracker is an excellent application, and Jerry and his people's support and s/w dev efforts over the years have been superb.

I've kept his banner as a top spot in my links page for almost 4 years now, because I believe in what he's doing. It's one of the good things, for traders. QT and eSignal are the best and only chart programs anyone needs imho.

ken

#21     Feb 12, 2003
  2. dis

dis

It turned out that chart features I hated the most - gradient background, water mark, and left vertical axis - all could be turned off. Now if only I could find a way to configure a solid thin line grid. Btw, the "translucent chart" feature is superb!

#22     Feb 12, 2003
  3. zxcv1fu - In general, DATEK datafeed has been pretty good, though lately there have been a few issues with it. Usually we have seen the bid/ask lag in the morning.

Also, keep in mind that DATEK data is aggregated, so you would not be able to make a tick for tick comparison.

#23     Feb 12, 2003
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Datek was lagging yesterday morning too. Sometimes Real Tick was lagging in level 2/time&sales.

I use 3 min charts in QT, do not care for the tick by tick stuff in QT. Like the Raw Data report but wish it is more than 1 can be open at the same time. Use the alert & news. Wish QT will have the multi-tab chart like in RT (one chart with all monthly, weekly, daily, hourly, 30 min, 15 min, 15 min, 5min & 2min tabs). I have QT in 1 monitor with over 12 of 3 min charts (indice & major stocks), RT in another monitor with future charts, multi-tab chart & tick chart.

Keep on with the good work.

#24     Feb 13, 2003
  5. gordo

gordo

dis:

What do you mean by "translucent chart feature?"

Thanks,

Gordo

#25     Feb 13, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu - You can have multiple chart windows open on the same stock. Bring up one chart, then right click on it and select New Chart from the popup menu. That will open a 2nd chart on the same symbol. Is that what you were referring to?

Gordo - Just about any window in QT can be made translucent (see through) by right clicking on its caption, then setting Translucency level. Available on Windows 2000 and XP systems only. Downside is it uses a lot of CPU

#26     Feb 13, 2003
  7. dis

dis

A "translucent" chart is one with a transparent background allowing one to watch the chart and keep an eye on other windows behind the chart window.

#27     Feb 13, 2003
  8. I am also interested in this. I have recently started viewing QT for Hong Kong data, and would like to be able to actually trade off it. I'm not ready to pay for Aspen, or god forbid, FutureSource (they mark up exchange fees to an absurd level) to get the data when I'm not even sure I wish to trade Hong Kong yet.

Thanks for the product.

Jay

#28     Feb 13, 2003
  9. gordo

gordo

Thankyou both, that is an interesting chart feature.

Gordo

#29     Feb 13, 2003
  10. LongShot & Jay -
    "Will QT ever be able to store indefinite intraday data? Are you working toward this? Why the stop at 5 days now?

Sorry for not replying earlier. Got lost in the shuffle.

QT keeps all the quotes it gets in memory to allow for fast performance with the inline charts and with many intraday charts open. Having many days of tick data in memory is taxing on the system. The current beta is just an initial implementation of the Multiday stuff. Once we get the basic bugs worked out, we will be adding caching, so that the tick data does not have to be stored in memory for all days for all symbols. Once that is done, we will be able to increase the # of days allowed. Don't know if it will be unlimited. There are some things that sort of require a limit, like backfill. Will see

#30     Feb 13, 2003