Medved QuoteTracker gets better and better

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by qdz2, Feb 8, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

Great product and great service. Multi-day and tick charts are available, bravo! I wonder if all those QT bashers are from some greedy commercial software/data vendors who are trying to charge us life-time fee which gives little reward-vs-cost to most of our trades. Special interest groups and manipulators, damn you! QT and other free software and data vendors are gonna kick their ar*sss.

:p

#11     Feb 12, 2003
  2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I like QT so much I have registered.

Intraday chart are nice but wish there are at least 2 default that I can save too. 1 for indice & 1 for stocks.

How do you get emini futures?

#12     Feb 12, 2003
  3. qdz2 - thanks. Seems that some people, we won't mention names, don't like to be contradicted and then take revenge by posting bogus reviews.

zxcv1fu - you would need to have a quote source that supports futures. Don't know who you trade through - the broker may be a supported source. We currently support the following datafeeds/brokers that supply futures:

Interactive Brokers
    IQFeed
    CyberTrader
    myTrack
    Quote.com (auto-refreshing, not true streaming)
    E*Trade (not the best datafeed)
    A.B. Watley (not 100% sure about the futures)

Jerry Medved
    http://www.quotetracker.com

#13     Feb 12, 2003
  4. Where can I get the NYSE TICK indicator reasonably fast-updating? Right now I am using 15-second snapshots from quote.com through QuoteTracker. But in the version it updated to a few days ago, index quotes are not updating, that got me thinking about this problem again. I have stock, index, and futures quotes from several fast sources (and view them partly through QuoteTracker), but none of the fast sources seem to carry the TICK indicator.

Or maybe I just don't know they do. Does it usually go by a different name or something?

#14     Feb 12, 2003
  5. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I use mastertrader.com (Real Tick Broker) & have future data.

#15     Feb 12, 2003
  6. Lobster, we found the problem with the 3.1.0B version of QT (indices not updating). It was fixed and 3.1.0C was released the same day. Select OPTIONS/WebUpdate to get the updated version and everything will work again.

Tick and TRIN are market statistics calculated by the vendor. IQFeed supports these. They calculate these stats every 10 seconds. Quote.com only gets them every 14 seconds.

#16     Feb 12, 2003
  7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

By the way I use Datek for QT data feed.

#17     Feb 12, 2003
  8. DATEK definitely does not have RT futures quotes. Do you have access to any other source? QT can use a different source for Portfolio and WatchList. Also, if you have a subscription for futures at quote.com, you can then have QT get the futures quotes from there either in a WatchList (while portfolio gets the quotes from DATEK) or in the index panel

#18     Feb 12, 2003
  9. Will QT ever be able to store indefinite intraday data? Are you working toward this? Why the stop at 5 days now?

#19     Feb 12, 2003
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I have subscription for futures at Real Tick & have the future chart opened in Real Tick.

Would be nice to have my Real Tick datafeed.

Right now I am comparing data feed from Datek & RT. Lots of time they are not same. 1 is slower than other. Nice to have data coming from different places, otherwise I would not know the difference.

#20     Feb 12, 2003