Medved QuoteTracker and IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader963, Feb 3, 2003.

1. cheeks

cheeks

I guess not.
    It probably is that simple.

It's like you and daniel_m were made for each other. You should pm him. You two will get along great.

#11     Feb 3, 2003
  2. arzoo

arzoo

It's good to hear that QT is gonna have the multi day charts. But I guess until IB has a backfill it's either gonna be keeping the machines up all the time or getting something else.

Is that correct, or has someone found a real creative way to get it working without the blank spots?

By the way, is anybody using quote.com with QuoteTracker? just wanted to see how backfills work there? I'm trying to use it for e-mini data but the free realtime quotes have 10 min delay on these, and I cant seem to understand the fee structure of quote.com... will the $9.95 subscription version work well enough and what extra charges will be placed?

thanks again.

#12     Feb 3, 2003
  3. corvus

corvus

I used Quotetracker with Quote.com for awhile too, before they had the IB feed. It works better that way because the backfills were seamless. Couldn't stand quote.com's reliability issues though, so I moved on.

I've also used it with the Etrade streaming quotes...I had both IB and Quote.com go out on me once and only Etrade, of all places, was left standing. But same deal, no backfills.

IQFeed looks pretty good for use with quotetracker...does both real-time and backfill, and you could do the CME eminis for $50/month. Don't know anything about reliability of IQFeed, but check out: http://www.iqfeed.net/quotetracker/

#13     Feb 3, 2003