Medved Quote Tracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hoodooman, Jul 30, 2012.

1. high99

high99

Per yesterday's email from TDA, it looks like they are trying to drive a stake through it. No longer will it be supported (big deal, they stopped about 2 years ago anyway) but it will still be available, but only to TDA customers. TDA is trying to drive the QT herd of cattle users to their own software junk. Well, we knew this was going to happen. Stick with the patch version. I know that IQ feed seems to be willing to make their feeds work with QT for the foreseeable future. And many other feeds continue to be compatible with QT.

BTW, how come TDA isn't throwing a conniption fit that some mysterious hacker has created a patch which bypasses the TDA server? Although I suppose they really don't give a shit when it is all said and done.

#11     Aug 4, 2012
  2. Lets hope so.

#12     Aug 4, 2012
  3. Interesting. I took the TDA announcement as a positive ... they specifically said QT wasn't going anywhere, just that there would be no new updates to it. That to me is good news.

#13     Aug 4, 2012
  4. high99

high99

Positive? To me the QT thing is like the red headed step child who they keep locked up in a closet. Sure they are not dumping it. But they sure as heck treat it as radioactive. So if you are a TDA customer or want to become one, they will feel sorry for you and let you play with that old toy from the toy box. Pathetic. Why not just sell it back? But that would not play to their strategy of luring in new customers who could then use "stink or swim".

Perhaps they don't realize that us fossilized QT addicts will not give it up.

#14     Aug 4, 2012
  5. fossilized QT addicts will not give it up.

loved it. that's me all right.

#15     Aug 4, 2012
  6. their support actually sends people the link to the patch for the backfill fix :)

#16     Aug 4, 2012
  7. intsol

intsol

Hi Jerry,
    I'me a Delphi developer and also trader, been using Quotetracker for many years.
    I use E*Trade Australia for data, and the functionality of Quoteracker is slowly falling apart due to protocol changes.
    Is there any possibility of obtaining the tool you used to do the state machine for interacting with the various web sites?
    or, for it to be open-sourced?

regards
    intsol

#17     Aug 7, 2012
  8. high99

high99

Intsol: Perhaps you can buy QT from TDA, as they certainly seem to have no interest in it any longer. Then you can bring it up to date and sell it to us users. Go for it.

#18     Aug 8, 2012