Medved Quote Tracker

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MRWSM, Apr 29, 2003.

1. 1. If you opt for the paid version of QT does this give you access to a free quote feed. (I don't think so)

2.I trade with IB but feel that I want/need another source of quotes to act as a backup. I maintain a small account with muriel siebert. Do you know who provides the MS quotes and if MS quote feed is supported.

3. I would like to enter the TICK & TRIN as symbols rather than displayed at the top of page. If you enter TICK & TRIN as symbols does this allow you to call up a streaming chart?

thanks for a great program

#11     May 3, 2003
  2. ryoubetteroff,

1) Registering QuoteTracker gets rid of the ads and allows for 5 day intraday charts instead of 2. It has nothing to do with the datafeed. You would still have to have one yourself.

2) Muriel Siebert is not supported in QuoteTracker. They used to be, but were removed at their request. You can use other datafeeds as backup though.

3) TICK & TRIN are not supported by IB, so if you use IB as the primary datafeed, you would not be able to enter them in the portfolio and get data/charts. However, if you have a different datafeed that supports TICK/TRIN like Money.net, IQFeed, MarketFeed, etc. then you would be able to do that. Also, you can get charts on the symbols in the index panel as well. Just double click on the symbol there.

#12     May 3, 2003
  3. This combo works excellent in my opinion. Backfill (free) with scottrade is a little sketchy however. I f you intraday trade suggest you get a good backfill supplier, unless you are always online with IB.

QT is awesome, a great product. Considering registering as well to keep Jerry off his bread and water diet.

Support is excellent, response within minutes on the QT message board.

Medved Quotetracker in terms of a quality product and support is up there with Amibroker (Thomasz Jenesko), another 1st class program that I utilize daily (EOD version).

#13     May 3, 2003
  4. MRWSM

MRWSM

Thanks Jerry Medved, I didn't think so but was curious. You have an awesome product either way. :)

#14     May 3, 2003
  5. Dustin

Dustin

I just started using QuoteTracker today...nice product for the price. I am wondering if there is any way to get exchange data on the T&S window? If not could it go on the wishlist?

#15     May 13, 2003
  6. Dustin,

What exactly are you referring to? The exchange of the last trade, or MM IDs of the trades? We do not have MM IDs in the datafeeds, so cannot display that. Also, there are memory issues to consider, so we would rather not increase the amount of data that needs to be stored for every quote.

#16     May 13, 2003
  7. Dustin

Dustin

I am referring to the last trade exchange. It is nice to know what is an NYSE print compared to ECN's or other regionals. See pic for Qcharts example.

• gd.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
    #17     May 13, 2003
  8. I need a little help interpreting the NYSE Tick on quote tracker.
    I am not sure what the first number is or the percentage number. I think I understand the second number.
    Example: 230 -199 (-46.39%)

Here is the definition that I found:
    For example, if the Tick reads +200, then 200 more stocks on the NYSE are ticking up then are ticking down. This is obviously a bullish signal. If the Tick should read -354, then we understand that 354 more stocks are ticking down then are ticking up. This is a bearish signal. In addition to the actual "number" reading of the Tick, one should also pay attention to how the Tick is trading in relation to it's support and resistance.

Don’t understand the last sentence regarding the trading relationship.

When the Tick remains positive on the day bullish momentum can continue. When the Tick remains negative, bearish momentum can continue. However, if the Tick should rise over +1000, the market will likely soon reverse because it has become over bought. The reverse is also true. If the Tick should fall below -1000, the market will likely reverse because it has become very oversold.

If you happen to be long when the Tick begins to rise over +1000 or short when the Tick begins to fall below -1000, you need to begin to lighten up on your positions or close them entirely in anticipation of a reversal.

To be extremly careful while trading, only enter longs when the Tick is above zero and shorts when the Tick is below zero.

Any further help on the meaning of the percentage and large number is appreciated.

#18     May 14, 2003
  9. disregard the 2nd number and the % reading. QT does not have any special handling for tick. For tick, the last number fluxuates quite a bit, so the amount of change from previous close (the 2nd number) and the percentage are meaningless. You only care about the first number

#19     May 14, 2003
  10. Dustin

Dustin

J medved am I to assume this is not possible?

#20     May 14, 2003