Meditation: Does it Help Your Trading?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Andrea Wylan, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Andrea Wylan

Andrea Wylan Sponsor

2. tomas262

tomas262

Meditation is great but hard work beats that. I do a lot of self-talk too :D

murray t turtle and Bugsy like this.
  3. No it doesn't help, just delays the process of reaching the end goal.

I'm feeling some deja vu here Andrea :)

4. Bugsy

Bugsy

Lots of studying, analyzing, researching, and lots of lots of prayer. I suppose if you count going over the things I've studied and analyzed in my head as I go about my day to day as "meditating" I do do that, but have no idea if that does anything for my trading.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. smallfil

smallfil

Your state of mind matters and I believe in positive thinking. Negative thinking is poison. You might as well pack it in if that is your mindset. Traders are fearful of being wrong and losing monies. That is just rational. However, if you trade the stockmarket, you are guaranteed to have losers. So, how do you handle it? Proper position sizing and risk management. Do that and accept that losers will be part of it. You just need winners that are multiples larger than your losers. That alone removes a lot of stress and pressure when trading the stockmarket.

6. themickey

themickey

How does that help? 1400x-1.jpg

7. Bugsy

Bugsy

8. Grantx

Grantx

That's not a very positive message for someone extolling the virtues of positive thinking :)

Be like Dory. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....and you will eventually achieve coherence.

9. themickey

themickey

Prayer

10. Bugsy

Bugsy

I doubt I'd still be standing today if it weren't for God. Sure people can debate the existence of God or theology, but it takes as much faith to believe life came from non life as the inverse. All I know is he took a nobody with nothing more than a GED and enabled him with a skill that has a less than 5% success rate.

I'm not fixing to do a theological debate on the existence of God if that's what you're about to attempt. Nothing worse than hours of debate with an atheist who has an axe to grind with anyone who believes in God (not saying that's you. Just saying in general) just to end up in a strawman.

#10     Aug 6, 2020
    They likes this.