meditation as a way to calm trading angsts

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by amg, May 21, 2003.

1. #51     May 23, 2003

2. atta boy .. keep that post count up nitro! :p

#52     May 23, 2003
  3. Avaturk

Avaturk

Anything that enhances mental discipline is helpful to a trader- particularly if you consistently trade "solo" without other interactions (other traders, TV, websites, etc.) as I do.

#53     May 23, 2003

4. i contemplate my navel while in a trade and even if i lose i feel good about it. zen. zen. everything zen. :D

#54     May 23, 2003
  5. I learned meditation about fifteen years ago, before I learned to trade. Meditation helps me in many aspect of my life, including trading. For one thing, I can have a sound sleep no matter how stressful a day I had if I meditate before sleep. Sometimes I was so exhausted and forgot to meditate, I'd find myself woke up for three hours in the mid of night worrying about everything. It's pretty hard to practice to the level that you can feel your life energy flow inside your body.

#55     May 23, 2003
  6. Whamo

Whamo

What's wrong LongShot, a little inferiority complex or just not comfortable with your gender?

#56     May 23, 2003
  7. rofl

#57     May 24, 2003
  8. A rather easy way to achieve a state of relaxation that has not been mentioned here is biofeedback.

I had a biofeedfack monitor many years ago. It was not particularly accurate, but I am sure with progress in technology, they must be better, and cheaper now.

Very easy to use, no instruction necessary, and it works.

Peace,
    :)RS

#58     May 24, 2003
  9. Another way is to listen to techno music with your equalizer set un a v formation.. I'm totally serious try it. :D

If you improve your trading using this method just send me 1% of what you make the first 6 months.

I call it "rave your way to riches"

:p

#59     May 24, 2003
  10. Oddly enough, I contemplate your navel also. If you are a hot babe, that is...if you are a guy, please disregard this message.

#60     May 24, 2003