meditation as a way to calm trading angsts

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by amg, May 21, 2003.

1. Hi Girlpower,

What you observed the chinese people doing in the park was Tai Chi, its a form of exercise. Chi , Ki, etc. are the same thing, the name varies with language and culture. It refers to ones inner strength or power which is very important to the practice of martial arts. Its is not meditation. The practice of martial arts strives to create mental discipline, which inturn allows one to react in an instinctive way without any conscience thought. A skill that would benefit all traders.

Good Luck,
    Backwardation

#41     May 22, 2003
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

if I try to explain it I will end up sound like uncle Harry but try this breathing exercise,

1) do this when stomach is empty

2) find a quiet corner, sit relax with back straight

3) do deep tummy breathing, the kind that make your stomach inflate and deflate.

4) breath in by nose, breath out by mouth, both as slow as you can stand.

5) breath in & out count as 1, count to 12

6) repeat but count only until 11

7) repeat but only until 10, then 9, then 8, then 7...until 1

8) if you can stand it start from 12 again, keep your mind concentrate on breathing, nothing else.

check your blood pressure after awhile to see if it work for you.

warning: you will fall sleep before you count to 12, don't be discourage, if you can stay awake your mind will urge you to do something else don't be discourage.

#42     May 22, 2003
  3. Thanks - I'll try that later. :)

Natalie

#43     May 22, 2003
  4. And why not during open positions did you ever try perhaps you will reach the so called "unconscious competent state" which is the highest level :D.

#44     May 22, 2003
  5. Whamo

Whamo

Tai Chi means Ultimate Fist, its basis is a martial art. Chi, Ki, and all other names for internal energy are not meditative but the breathing exercises in conjunction with meditation help practitioners harness the internal power that everyone is born with. This is the explosive power that was / is used in combat.

Tai Chi is often called moving meditation, aside from the martial (combat) part of the art it is often practiced for meditative and exercise benefits. I studied Tai Chi for about 3 months and really enjoyed the serene movements.

#45     May 22, 2003
  6. ******************
    Interesting read , Ive been meditating [thinking & thinking] on this for over 24 hours.Interesting you mentioned a background of Buddah & Catholic Church, Harry -trader. My older brother yelled at me when we were kids''Hurray up Murray you move as slow as a TURTLE!!!

Iceman made an excellant point of meditating on truth; a
    writer in my library[probably [Oliver Valez] made an excellant point also
    You will see truth on price charts.:cool: , more than from analysts.

Its easy to be fooled with snake oil poison even on charts.Fortunately I checked time & sales to double check the charts on DYN gap yesterday before action.

Like to meditate a lot; which DOES NOT take the place of body exercise.Meditate on Schwagers ''green tea'' more than ''green tree frogs''

Non truth meditation is like the palm reader snake oil ad that says ''Knows all-sees all- tells all & HONK when you drive up.

:D
    Its a great trading rule and much more ; got it from a jewish journalist. Still meditate much on that truth.
    ''Always protects, always peseveres'' 1st Corinthians 13,parallel.

#46     May 23, 2003

7. I also took Tai Chi.... in fact, was considering taking it once again this summer

would recommend it!

Ice

#47     May 23, 2003
  8. Yes but just background because I never adopted either Budishm nor Christianity nor other Religion or Sect or anything even Science for me is not a replacement for God Science is just a tool :D. I am not against Religion for others but as a personal choice no proof no belief :).

What's funny is that later I met Budhists and since I'm generally listening with attention to everybody they always think that I would be interested in entering such a religion ... they just ignored that I have been already in that culture and that I don't want to adopt any. If there is a God I don't see why he would be displeased that one doesn't believe in him since he doesn't say clearly "Hey I'm here" so when he wanted me to know him I will :).

I am happy that people look for more serenity and meditation nevertheless I am unhappy that some sects exploit this need. For example the wife of one of my associates has been completely endoctrined by the Evangelist Church and that made their life become a nightmare and they have divorced because of that.

P.S.: normally Buddishm is not a Religion in same sense as Christianity that's why perhaps people tend to adopt it more easily today because of this "new age" spirit. I am not against a new spirit but I am always enquiring behind the scene of social phenomena and when something emerge this thing is being deviated and directed for not so noble aim that's why I said that the New Age has been promoted and distorted by the New Order propagandist although many people adopting New Age are not conscious of the link and that the original emergence could have not originated from the propagandists. It's like the Bible or the Old Testament which are now claimed - by historians two years ago and published by mainstream medias - to have been falsified for political aims of War and domination on other "barbarians" world. (And as I said no proof no belief so I'm not affirming that by belief but because I have proof but that's not the subject I won't waste your meditation :D).

#48     May 23, 2003

9. oh brother! Tai Chi is a gay! go ahead waste your time prancing around like some gay butterfly .. not me no way :p

#49     May 23, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

No I do not need to do it. But if I did, I think it is an excellent way.

nitro

#50     May 23, 2003