meditation as a way to calm trading angsts

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by amg, May 21, 2003.

1. amg

amg Guest

:p I heard somewhere minds overlap, which can be a reeeely scary thought what with Fruity pebbles and loops and hairy traders everywhere!! :eek:

Ana Maria

#31     May 22, 2003
  2. Oh My - Then there is Optional!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Natalie

#32     May 22, 2003
  3. Kernol

Kernol

Thanks Ana Marie for starting this thread and to all others who have posted. So many topics to explore: yoga, meditation, mindfulness.

Anyone else used the Korean Ki energy method?

#33     May 22, 2003
  4. I understand that many martial arts have an element of meditation ivolved in them although I don't know which ones.

I'm reminded of seeing pictures of Chinese people in the park practicing very slowly and intensely and lost to the world around them. Is this also related in some way?

Natalie

#34     May 22, 2003
  5. Kernol

Kernol

Are you referring to Tai Chi? Never really made the connection before but the Chinese word for Ki is Chi. Only have had instruction in the Korean form of Tai Chi and they will have Ki in there somewhere guaranteed.

I believe Aikido makes use of Ki, but I have no real familiarity with it.

#35     May 22, 2003
  6. I wouldn't know - I was kinda hoping you could tell me!!!!! :confused:

Natalie

#36     May 22, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

Ki=Chi=Qi Gong=The Force since all the ideals came from the same source of philosophy originated from Nepal I believe

#37     May 22, 2003
  8. So does this tie in with meditation? if so how?

:confused:

Natalie

#38     May 22, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I like using the form or technique called kry- pi.....Does anyone else find this method of meditation useful ???

Actually theres nothing that clears my mind and relieves my stress like a good game of B-ball......peace.....

#39     May 22, 2003
  10. Kernol

Kernol

Usually beginning meditators will be taught to focus on their breathing. This "mind/body integration" seems to be helpful. Another way of getting in touch with your body is to focus on feeling the Ki Chi Qi energy.

I hope this helps.

#40     May 22, 2003