Meditation and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by felixbocharov, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Cswim63

Cswim63

Adam Grimes

#51     Jun 6, 2016
  2. Cswim63

Cswim63

Ray Dalio

#52     Jun 6, 2016
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

You see, what I learned early on is that what you believe is true for you. If one says that diet and exercise are many times harder than meditation, then that's what is true for them. For this trader, diet and exercise are 100 times harder than meditation. It always easy if you're not the one doing it

#53     Jun 6, 2016
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

The funny thing is, I went to college in the 80s, and I can't remember ever having an intellectual discussion with someone and just having them take their bat and ball and go home. And give you some backhand advice on top of it. Over words. Words. Maybe I'm just getting old, idk. I mean, I know we would argue the other side of things just for fun, sometimes to P.O. the other side. But there was never an attempt to insult any one, except out of fun. And the attitude was always, F it if you can't take a joke. Oh well, times have changed I guess. That really is old age. Haha.

#54     Jun 6, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

I guess I really pissed him off. Not that unusual, really. I'll just stay here and talk to myself about God and meditation. That's kind of the point, anyway.

#55     Jun 6, 2016
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

Actually, trading is about the loneliest pursuit on the planet. Then they tell you to go sit in a room by yourself and be completely still. I can see why some people might be a little po'd.

#56     Jun 6, 2016
    SMA likes this.
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

OK peace, out. I'll stop now. Go do something else but not sitting quietly in a room by myself. That would get me nowhere in trading. Or so I've been told

#57     Jun 6, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

The Dalai Lama. He'll never make it as a trader, either.

#58     Jun 6, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Actually, that sendoff really shows talent. It's right up there with, "Be fruitful and multiply, but not in those words" by Woody Allen. Maybe he's in the wrong business.

#59     Jun 6, 2016
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Just Google, "Warren Buffet Eating Habits." He says that he checked the actuarial tables, and six year old boys live the longest. So he decided to eat like a six year old boy. Kind of pisses ya off, doesn't it?

#60     Jun 7, 2016