Meditation and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by felixbocharov, Apr 26, 2016.

1. I'm kind of a scientific evidence guy, and I have yet to see any that prove the benefits of meditation. It's an archaic practice IMO. People still pump it up because they seek easy routes to self-improvement. It's 100x harder to diet and exercise properly. The obesity epidemic in most developed nations is clear evidence of this

#41     Jun 6, 2016
  2. No offense, but this line of thinking will most likely get you nowhere in the business of trading

#42     Jun 6, 2016
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

They're not mutually exclusive. To this trader, meditation is the hardest. I have tried sitting still for 15 minutes and just watching whatever pops into my head. It's impossible. All I get is "Its time to mow the lawn ". You would think your brain could wait. But it can't. That's the whole point. You would think it's easier to clear your thoughts, but it's really not. People who meditate on a regular basis are very courageous people. Trust me.

#43     Jun 6, 2016
  4. Cswim63

Cswim63

Futures Trader 71.

#44     Jun 6, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

You see, if I try to promote this, it's totally against, the whole deal of meditation. I would just ask you to try to keep an open mind. If you cannot or don't want to I'm OK with that, and I don't mean to be patronizing by saying that.

#45     Jun 6, 2016
    SMA likes this.
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

If I said , "Be still, and know that I am God." Would you recognize that?

#46     Jun 6, 2016
  7. Please don't think I am ignorant, or closed-minded, but i'm going to put you on ignore. Your last three posts accurately fit my definition of nonsense. I wish you a good life and death

#47     Jun 6, 2016
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

I guess my next question would be, " How did this guy end up in this thread. "

#48     Jun 6, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Thank you for ignoring me, BTW.

#49     Jun 6, 2016
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Ed Seykota

#50     Jun 6, 2016