Meditation and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by felixbocharov, Apr 26, 2016.

1. the best meditation, to me, is the meditation you actually do

[and i say the same thing about exercise]

i just tell my patients ;) all meditation is good, and all exercise is good

marc
    :D

#31     May 29, 2016
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I learned from sports a long time ago after a long day that it was important to meditate, relax via listening to music (calming music) so that I can "let go" of the events of the day...

Its a very helpful routine especially when you know soon you'll be interacting with others (friends and family) or going to sleep. This is important because a good night's rest helps with the mind & body the next day.

#32     May 29, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  3. Cswim63

Cswim63

I read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle often, sometimes every day. It usually helps keep me focused--or the opposite. I have ADD pretty bad_so meditation is really difficult on my own. I use a guided meditation by Roy Masters that's 7 min long, and one by CJ Savage. I've been hypnotized professionally about twenty or so times, and the process is like working out. If you do it regularly you just feel better. I also agree with Masters that we really need to unhypnotize people, not hypnotize them. Living and growing up in the world creates a lot of disfunction, to which we are all exposed. There's a lot of supremely stupid people out there. Trying to navigate them can create boatloads of conflict, even when they are well meaning. To give an example, one of my neighbors is with the Food Police. Every time I mention any food, it's bad for me. Poisonous. Or causes cancer. So in order not to have to tell her to F.O., I have stopped discussing what I ate that was so good. Like a tasty animal. That's just one example. There's still 23 and a half hours left in the day for stupidity with other humans. So yes, I do try to meditate.

#33     Jun 6, 2016
  4. I'm kind of a food cop too, but only to people who want to lose weight, but have eating disorders

#34     Jun 6, 2016
  5. Cswim63

Cswim63

I myself am on a see food diet

#35     Jun 6, 2016
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

If the OP is from where I think he's from, I've been there. People there eat mayo and lots of meat and potatoes. And fresh dairy products. Like thick slabs of butter on rye bread. And kefir. And sausage. And people seem to be pretty healthy overall. And not so neurotic

#36     Jun 6, 2016
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Upon reflection, I wonder myself what is the connection. I just believe overall that we need to have a sense of detachment, and be a little passionate at the same time. Very hard to do. Food to me is an outlet for creativity. Sometimes I think people get into meditation to isolate from the world and their issues. I had to laugh this am as one of the traders I follow online mentioned that he was not as focused as usual because he hadn't meditated this morning. One of these days I'm going to talk with him and ask him about that subject of missing your morning routine. I think at this point in life, that the goal is to be meditating as we go through it all, so that you can do it on the fly if necessary. Or maybe it's time to just slow down in that case. That's generally my response, but it's totally personal. If things seem kind of chaotic, maybe I should stop, look_and listen. RIP Jimmy Sloman. Love you, man.

#37     Jun 6, 2016
  8. Meditation is bullshit. Watch your money like a sacred cow until you either quit, or learn proper trading skills. Exercise and diet are the way to go for stress and overall health

#38     Jun 6, 2016
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Strong words.

#39     Jun 6, 2016
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Yes and meditation is the way to go to be able to see a trading signal for what it is

#40     Jun 6, 2016