Meditation and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by felixbocharov, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Xela

Xela

Isn't that medication, rather than meditation, Marc? :)

#11     Apr 27, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  2. except I started adding a little vodka to my green tea which for me is the sure road to ruin.Oh well, I did enjoy the green tea, but I can't keep it down straight.

#12     Apr 27, 2016
  3. I meditate with positive reinforcement words on a mp3 file while I'm trading, works for me. IMHO You must truly believe in it like your trading system or it will not work for you.

#13     Apr 28, 2016
  4. i seem to recall some Zen Masters who drank tea :strong:
    [don't know if coffee was available to them]

marc
    :D

#14     Apr 28, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  5. my first steps to meditation was eating like a yogi. Take care of the body, that is easy. a few excercises and eating right. Then controlling your mouth (you may be thinking it, but don't say it.) Then control of the mind starts to come more easily. Just don't fall in love with a woman.

#15     Apr 28, 2016
    SMA likes this.
  6. Xela

Xela

At first glance, I managed to misread your post as "My first step to meditation was eating a yogi". I was thinking it lends a whole new meaning to the saying "You are what you eat" ... (or maybe "I like yogis, myself, but I could never manage a whole one").

You'd prefer a man? That's ok: "there's nothing wrong with that", these days. ;)

#16     Apr 28, 2016
    SMA and K-Pia like this.
  7. like the man said, I had three rules for a peaceful well ordered life, then I had three kids and no rules.

#17     Apr 28, 2016
  8. ...and with 3 kids he didn't have a peaceful life either. :D

#18     Apr 29, 2016
  9. Method > Meditation

#19     Apr 30, 2016
  10. K-Pia

K-Pia

Meditation, over time, increases the potency and magnification of the mirror image. We start off by seeing the self as we wish it was. Then we see the self as we think it is. Then we see that the self is, of course, not what we think it is at all.

Some are bullish because they bought.
    Some bought because they think it is.
    Some bought because it is bullish.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    #20     May 4, 2016
    Sprout, tom2, Simples and 1 other person like this.