Meditation and trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by felixbocharov, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Daal

Daal

How did you found out that you were deficient in GABA?tks

#171     Sep 9, 2018
  2. through a battery of symtom-based questionnaires. do not trust any of the lab tests. You will definitely recognize correlation when you dig into it and see how you might be in relation to the 4 main transmitters. Acetylcholine, Dopamine, GABA, Serotonin

#172     Sep 9, 2018
  3. Humpy

Humpy

I have written a psychology programme to help meditation and decision making. I would need help coding it up and that costs. In your opinion would it be worth it ? It may help and of course it may not for everyone.
    I am what they used to call phlegmatic and like to sit and ponder topics before rushing into them like I used to.

#173     Sep 28, 2018
  4. Simples

Simples

Depends on the actual idea. There are lots of meditation apps, both free and for money, on mobile/tablet platforms. Some adhere to some organization while others may be more generic / experimental. I wouldn't do it if not accountable for teaching a practice personally.

Meditation is yoga, and can happen at any time, and people go into it without knowing that their experienced conscious relaxation is based on researched principles of mind and body. Whatever works, they're tools. At some point, tools and circumstances change, as everything's bound to do,

#174     Sep 28, 2018
  5. Humpy

Humpy

Thanks for your reply.
    It is hard to judge whether it may have good effects before it is coded up and tested. I was thinking of calling it a utility.
    Many assume that the brain is more receptive to suggestions if one is almost asleep or in a trance.
    I rather doubt that this is the case. But I am no psychologist, only a personal observation.
    I feel I would more likely accept any premise made by a program or person if it fitted in with my established views.Re-inforcing them...………….

#175     Sep 28, 2018
  6. Simples

Simples

I find it more imperative to deprogram minds, than to program them.

#176     Sep 28, 2018
    Cswim63 likes this.