Medicalizing mass murder not only exonerates. It turns the terrorist into a victim.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BernardRichards, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Medicalizing mass murder: The novel, politically-correct theories of why Nidal Hasan snapped
    Charles Krauthammer

Friday, November 13th 2009, 4:00 AM

What a surprise -- that someone who shouts "Allahu Akbar" (the "God is great" jihadist battle cry) as he is shooting up a room of American soldiers might have Islamist motives. It certainly was a surprise to the mainstream media, which spent the weekend after the Fort Hood massacre playing down Nidal Hasan's religious beliefs.

"I cringe that he's a Muslim. . . . I think he's probably just a nut case," said Newsweek's Evan Thomas. Some were more adamant. Time's Joe Klein decried "odious attempts by Jewish extremists . . . to argue that the massacre perpetrated by Nidal Hasan was somehow a direct consequence of his Islamic beliefs." While none could match Klein's peculiar cherchez-le-juif motif, the popular story line was of an Army psychiatrist driven over the edge by terrible stories he had heard from soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

They suffered. He listened. He snapped.

Really? What about the doctors and nurses, the counselors and physical therapists at Walter Reed Army Medical Center who every day hear and live with the pain and suffering of returning soldiers? How many of them then picked up a gun and shot dozens of innocents?

It's been decades since I practiced psychiatry. Perhaps I missed the epidemic.

But, of course, if the shooter is named Nidal Hasan, whom National Public Radio reported had been trying to proselytize doctors and patients, then something must be found. Presto! Secondary posttraumatic stress disorder, a handy invention to allow one to ignore the obvious.

And the perfect moral finesse. Medicalizing mass murder not only exonerates. It turns the murderer into a victim. After all, secondary PTSD, for those who believe in it, is known as "compassion fatigue." The poor man - pushed over the edge by an excess of sensitivity.

Have we totally lost our moral bearings? Nidal Hasan (allegedly) cold-bloodedly killed 13 innocent people. In such cases, political correctness is not just an abomination. It's a danger, clear and present.

Consider the Army's treatment of Hasan's previous behavior. NPR's Daniel Zwerdling interviewed a Hasan colleague at Walter Reed about a hair-raising Grand Rounds that Hasan had apparently given. Grand Rounds are the most serious academic event at a teaching hospital - attending physicians, residents and students gather for a lecture on an instructive case history or therapeutic finding.

Read more:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/11/13/2009-11-13_medicalizing_mass_murder.html?page=1

As always these three threads today are made in the honor of some of my favorite Islamists here such as PallyWood Sameeh, Jihadi Oxymoron Riskfreetrading, Nazi Boy Tresor, and the rest of the Magnificent 666 Jihadis and sundry Racists in the P&R forum.

2. Tresor

Tresor

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcDpptCdYY0&hl=pl_PL&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcDpptCdYY0&hl=pl_PL&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Interesting, but what is the point exactly?
    Hitler himself was probably part Jewish.
    http://lloydthomas.org/1-IsraelTimeLine/7-1930-1999/hitler.html

4. Tresor

Tresor

I am just upsetting Bernie who is a Jewish chauvinist and who keeps on referring to his opponents as ''sub-humans''.

I am merely remanding him that his ancestors sided with nazis.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You've been able to trace HIS actual blood ancestors/relatives back to Nazi's?

Genealogy.com maybe?

:D

6. Tresor

Tresor

He admitted this.

7. All political correctness comes from not wanting to compare ethnic groups, or social models.

The Judeo-Chrisitian ethic combined with westernized democracy (mostly run, and espoused by, white people), has been the most successful model.

8. My ancestors sided with the Nazis Tresor?? My ancestors and I are Nazis just from the other side. There is only one word difference between us.

Our code of life may be reduced to a few words in German.

Mehr Feind Mehr Ehr or Viel Feind Viel Ehr!
    This means in English the more enemies the more honor or many enemies bring much honor.

This is Nazi philosophy, but since we are Nazis from the other side we accept this code with just a slight variation. The variation follows:

Mehr (schlecte) Feind Mehr Ehr or Viel (schlecte) Feind Viel Ehr!
    This means in English the more (evil) enemies the more honor or many (evil) enemies bring much honor.

In other words, we follow a spiritual path of perfection through the engagement of evil in all forms with a focus on extreme forms of evil.

"The fear&#65279; of the Lord is to hate evil...." (Proverbs 8:13)
    "You who love the Lord hate evil...." (Psalm 97:10)
    "Thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek (Nazis) from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it." ( Deuteronomy 25:19)

9. Tresor

Tresor

Now be a good boy and quote your Hitler and Goebbels as you do almost always in your threads and we'll get a complete picture of yourself.

10. The point is that Nazi Boy Tresor loves to make use of neo-Nazi propaganda videos in order to confound and obfuscate an issue.

The thinking of these video makers goes like this. If we can't get them with Holocaust Denial then we will just "show" that the Nazis themselves consisted of very many Jews (including Hitler, Himmler, Eichman, etc.) so you can't blame us honorable Aryans for perpetrating the Holocaust against the Jews because our side had many Jews as well that just murdered other Jews.

#10     Nov 19, 2009