Medical resources for the elderly

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Oct 5, 2009.

is cutting medical resources for the elderly part of Obama's health plan

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yes, that's what I think will happen. The surprise will be the hozing of ones with money. It will be they who take it in the shorts when they find out nearly everything they had is worthless.

#11     Oct 5, 2009
  2. you don't know what you are talking about.

Well american seniors are just getting confirmation that they are expendable , too ugly and too bothersome to be taken care of by their own children , and even the state doesn't want them anymore. The future of society. Maybe they should distribute cyanide pills to all above 75, so they can die with dignity, and cost less to everyone.

#12     Oct 5, 2009
  3. zdreg

zdreg

as long as taking the pills is voluntary it is ok with me.

seniors are not expendable since they have a vast of pool of knowledge and they know how to work. perhaps it would be more appropriate to give pills to unproductive members of the feely good generation whose education prepared them to do little of anything useful with their lives. I read your posts complaining about IB.

(http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=178061&perpage=10&pagenumber=2)

need any more be said

#13     Oct 5, 2009
  4. Or maybe it would make sense to distribute cyanide to the non-productive.. the 47% who pay no Federal income tax...

#14     Oct 5, 2009
  5. They are the MOST productive.

Who else will pick up the trash, mop the floors, clean the streets, cook your steak?

We can't all be tapping on computer keys.

#15     Oct 5, 2009
  6. Soon we'll have 30 million who don't do ANYTHING except collect an unemployment check. They too are a drain on the social system.

#16     Oct 5, 2009
  7. Medicaid or Medicare? Medicare is for old people.
    Also, are you sure its 100% government funded. My wife works in one, its 10k/month. They do accept the medicare, but its not much of their revenue.

#17     Oct 5, 2009
  8. Medicaid.

#18     Oct 5, 2009