Medical & Dental Insurance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CPTrader, May 1, 2005.

1. Oh goodness look what I have gotten myself into, an Elite Trader Rant. This board never changes always someone with something to prove.

Actually on the phone it wa shis 'sister' who was in the hospital for '1' day for a 'bleeding ovary'. The cost of her '1' day major surgery was $18,000 and he wanted to know if this would be covered. Last time I checked nobody who had a major operation on their ovary was in the hospital for one day and now it's his mother who was in the hospital for 75K. Amazing how freely he involves his family.

Anyway when he wasn't interested in the mini-med I asked him if he was in a major medical. I never asked him his age (more lies/mis info) as he knows it takes a lot more than his age to qualify him or anybody fora major medical.

Bottom line, there is a health care crisis in this county with over 40 million people without health insurance. Everybody doesn't have $300-800 a month to spend on insurance especially when they are healthy for the most part. A mini-med provides a great solution to this problem weather or not Steve aggress with it or is even informed to what this is. I'm 30 years old and have not been in the hospital since I was 14 and cracked my head open in the pool. Not everyone needs to spend more money then they have on insurance, especially when they only need doctor visits and dental care and to be protected in case they have to visit the ER.

Enough said.

#31     Jun 6, 2005
  2. steve23

steve23

Jordan,

Maybe I am wrong on this,

But I am pretty sure the Guy who started this thread ( asking about health Insurance), was not referring to a "mini"-Med ( a junk policy that pay's 1000 a day)

Just like I am pretty sure when Traders on here post threads asking for recommendations on a good computer, their not asking about a calculator ( or as you might call it , a "mini"-computer)

Definition of a "mini"-med :

"Mini"-Med = pay's a "mini"-part of your hospital bill ( 1000 a day )

I never mentioned anything about a sister to you,
    as don't have one

you are truly pathetic,

:)

#32     Jun 7, 2005
  3. Geting back on topic... Which prop firms are currently offering group health insurance to their traders?

#33     Jun 7, 2005
  4. I would also like to know, if I wanted the very very best health plan out there...

I mean 100% everything! The VERY VERY BEST THE MARKET OFFERS!

Premium is not a factor.

What company is it? How much is it?

Wouldn't the answer to this be the best starting point, to work down from? Why do people approach health insurance according to the cost of the premium? Look for what VALUE you get.....

Michael B.

P.S. I have a MSA account....But am curious about the answer to my question.

#34     Jun 7, 2005
  5. steve23

steve23

I was in the Health Insurance Business for 12 years, and it is people like Jordan who give Insurance agents a bad rap.

I cant count high enough to the amount of times I went to see possible client's who were previously sold garbage like what Jordan is pushing on here, and having the person believe they got a good policy, as many people I talked to thought they had a great plan, but infact were sold a "mini" med junk policy, and only found out the truth too late.

Look, I offer nothing to sale to anyone on here, I don't even sell Insurance anymore, but if I did, I sure would not use my membership on here to sale my products ( like some do )
    But I wont sit silent while I see Jordan put up prices on here to a plan that is a 1000 a day plan ( junk ) and try to promote it as a great deal.

I don't sell Health Insurance anymore, but still know some who do, and finding a good policy is not easy, but their are some decent ones. When friends ask me who they should look into I always say look at Blue Cross/ blue shield, or Fortis. and go from there.
    Always check with your state board of Insurance to see the complaints ratio for each , and make sure the company is without fines from the state, for not paying claims. Here in Texas their are a few more than just those 2 that I could recommend

Watch out for people like Jordan who firstly promote a plan by the price, and not the coverage. always ask what are the limits per day, and the miscellaneous limits, as many plans that are junk, say a 1000 a day limit, or a 50,000 miscellaneous limit also have a 1 million life time limit, so when the client ask the agent what is the limit on these policy they can only quote the lifetime limit, and leave out the daily limit ( and just as important the miscellaneous limits )

One that comes to mind is NASE and although they do have a major medical , the mostly push a junk policy from some company out of Tennessee ( don't remember the exact name ) because it is cheaper and sometimes easier to get approved, ( more money to the agent ) but this plan has a 25,000 and a 50,000 miscellaneous limit, which some Agent's seem to not let the future client know about.

If you were to go into the hospital and say have a 100,00O bill, over 70 % of that can fall under the miscellaneous part of your policy ( majority of a bill can be broken down into 3 parts :
    surgeons fee, daily room fee, and miscellaneous fee, With the miscellaneous being one of the most important parts of your health plan .

#35     Jun 7, 2005