Medical & Dental Insurance

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by CPTrader, May 1, 2005.

1. I did edit it to include my number.

#21     Jun 6, 2005
  2. steve23

steve23

Just got off the phone with Jordan and....

this policy pay's up to 1000 a day.

this is junk

don't come on here and try to say it isn't...

I sold Health Insurance for 12 years, and believe me when I say this is not adequate coverage, not even close

#22     Jun 6, 2005
  3. I just did get off the phone with Steve and Steve called simply because he did sell Health Insurance and wanted to have something to say. (when he wasn't interested in the min-med I asked him if he was interested in a major medical which we provide but he say no thank you)

It's a mini-med and it's a great product for people who are in good health and don't want to pay high premiums and deductibles on top of that.

The mini-med provides doctor coverage, hospital, prescription, accident, and even dental and vision. For the price is amazing coverage.

The hospital coverage is 100% for the first $1000 per day. After that the bill is reduced up to 80%. There is the trade off - pay a low premium and no detectable with good hospital coverage that is open-ended or pay a high premium and a deductible and after your stop loss have the insurance cover 100%.

As opposed to a statement like "this is junk" I have explained it further. Steve who sold Health Insurance for 12 years and didn't even know what a mini-med was...Thanks for your insight.

Again if anybody is in the need of Health Insurance and is interested in learning more you can call me directly at any time, 866-266-7079.

#23     Jun 6, 2005
  4. steve23

steve23

Jordan,

you are hilarious :)

You come on here posting prices for a insurance plan, that does not even meet the minimum requirements to be called a hospital plan.

And your defense is that I dont even know what this juink is ?
    I know excactly what it is. JUNK

Infact here in Texas, I am sure your little plan would have to have the following words at the top of the outline of coverage:

"This Policy provides limited benefits only, These are less than the minimum standard for hospital - medical expense coverage as prescribed by the Insurance regulatory authority. "

The plan Jordan is promoting on here is junk, and once you see that, he does the bait and switch, as when I asked him if this was a major medical, he said no, but he had a good one, and if I would give him my age, he could give me a quote.

And if you think the only reason I called you was to have something to write, that is a lame defense from you

The health Plan you are promoting on here is junk, no other way to say it.
    notice how Jordan say's it will pay a 1000 a day, and then "up to " after that .. real nice use of the words " up to"

Like I wrote earlier, this plan that Jordan is pushing on here is junk, a 1000 a day only, with promises of member discounts on the rest,

what a joke

it is nothing these day's to go to the hospital for 2 days and have a 20,000 bill.

My Mother was in the hospital for less than a week, and had a 75,000 dollar bill.

Good thing she did not have Jordans' plan

:eek:

#24     Jun 6, 2005
  5. mhashe

mhashe

We definitely need some major tort reform. Not only in the medical field, but elsewhere. When a incompetent half-wit gets paid 10's of millions for spilling hot coffee on her lap, you know there's a major problem.

Also, as mentioned, a lot of the medical costs is due to the massive amount of govt. mandated paperwork. Probably a good area to offshore completely.

#25     Jun 6, 2005
  6. mhashe

mhashe

Haha, I like this part. When morbidly obese lard-asses resort to liposuction, diet pills and stomach stapleing and after all that still continue to slober down 10lb slabs of meat instead of getting the f* outside and running, you know where some of the problem lies.

#26     Jun 6, 2005
  7. I have heard that 80% of health care costs are caused by smoking and people being overweight. It would seem that preventative medice would go a long way on both counts.

I have to disagree that health care costs are driven up by doctors. As I understand it (and I have physicians in my family who practiced for well over 30 years, have sat on the boards of hospitals, and the boards of publicly traded medical companies), hospitals are required to treat those that can't pay. The numbers of indigent patients can reach as high as 60% for some hospitals. Medicare, on the other hand, has rates that are set by the government and DO NOT reflect the true cost of care...they are artifically low. This leaves the rest of the people who can pay, to pick up the tab for both of these.

Health care costs are high, because willing payers must make up the difference for the indigent and those on Medicare.

As an economics major, one of the basic things you learn is that when something is free, people abuse it. When there is a cost, they are more thoughtful in how they use that resource.

Add to that the increasing number of malpractice lawsuits due to a litigious society and generous malpractice litigation awards, and you have a perfect storm in our healthcare system.

#27     Jun 6, 2005
  8. Some of these websites should be helpful:

http://www.iii.org/individuals/health/

Including: "... Ask your insurance company if you can convert its group policy to an individual policy. You will pay a higher rate than you did before and your benefits may be limited, but the terms will still probably be better than if you buy your own policy.

If you are married, see if your spouse’s employer will add you to its group plan.

Try to join a group health plan through a trade association or alumni group or professional association may offer reasonable rates. If you are over age 50, you can join the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), which offers an extensive plan. Even some credit card companies offer health insurance coverage.

As a last resort, you can buy an individual policy. The rates will be high and coverage limited, but it is important that you be protected against financial catastrophe if you or your family are hit with a major illness or injury. If you are self-employed, most of the health insurance premium will be tax-deductible.
    To find the best policy, contact a health insurance agent or broker who will help you find the contract that gives you the most for your money."

More health insurance details: http://www.naic.org/consumer/health/types.htm

State Insurance Departments (then see Health for each): http://www.naic.org/state_contacts/sid_websites.jsp

A free (no sales) consumer site to compare individual policy rates: http://www.insweb.com/cgi-bin/gic.e.../gic/LandingPages/health.htj&ToolName=PHealth

#28     Jun 6, 2005
  9. Dustin

Dustin

I pay $86 for CA Blue Shield...good coverage.

#29     Jun 6, 2005
  10. I pay 150 for oxford health’s basic plan. It’s good for anything major that happens to you if you’re younger. I think I get $600 in basic doctor visits and covered well in I need to go to the hospital. If your healthy and want to be safe it’s a good plan but on the down side no drug prescriptions. If you look around the web you can order the same pills that are not generic from overseas or Canada. The cost is like 70% less in other countries.

#30     Jun 6, 2005