Media Perpetuating Lies For Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 31, 2012.

1. "and to the Republic for which it stands"

#11     Aug 31, 2012
  2. jem

jem

when obama was elected I had the same approach... and I took solace in the fact we would have good health care, and we would save money by getting completely out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and that we would be spending almost a trillion dollars on infrastructure we needed like roads and bridges built by americans.

kind of unbelievable Obama could not even do good leftist stuff.

#12     Aug 31, 2012
  3. Talking points? I know where you get your posts. As to the meltdown, since I was right in the middle of it, I understand all too well. I doubt you lost money on CDS's, I did. I doubt you lost money on derivative valuations and collapse, I did. And, to make things personally worse, I did not get a cent of the bailout money. So, all the frigging risk, none of the benefits.

So, I still think we need more transparency, especially from the gov't backed mortgages. I still have Fanny and Freddie, I doubt you do. If you think bundling up bad mortgages and selling them off in trade for other crapola, well, then the Brooklyn bridge comes to mind.

Wasting a Trillion on wars and Banking bailouts is ok, but helping Americans eat is bad? Not in the America I grew up in. I DO BELIEVE in WORKFARE, not welfare, but either way at least the money is spent in the U.S. not wasted overseas.

#13     Aug 31, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

As I suspected. You have no idea what the root cause of the collapse was. You didn't know and weren't able to avoid it with your own investments. Good luck with your Fanny and Freddie investments although the worst is probably be over for them as the government created bubble begins to firm after the bust.

Watch this and tell me it was the Republicans who caused the problem.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/63siCHvuGFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#14     Aug 31, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

Mr. Bill, would you be so kind as to post the prosecutions that we've had since this admin took power? You mentioned regulation earlier. You can start with MF if you like.

#15     Aug 31, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

wjk, I think mrbill decided this thread was over his head and left the building. He has moved on to threads where he might be able to still make it snow.

#16     Aug 31, 2012
  7. First off, I'll ignore the nonsense from pspr. Over whose head? Anyway, on to your question, and I hope you got to mine in the other thread.

I think we need to get the SEC and CFTC and the DOJ to get tougher on MF, Corzine, and all the rest of the crooks on Wall Street. I've made a lot of money trading, the right way. I've never had to resort to all the shenanigans that the banks did. I think Dodd Frank is necessary, but it will cut back liquidity, it already has. Brokers can no longer front run their customers by buying stocks then "recommending" them to their customers. This slows things down considerably.

I am for regulation, but it also has to be smart regulation. I realize that smart is in the eyes of the beholder, but they need think it through.

Be careful what they wish for. No volatility based on pure transparency. No IPO's, no earnings surprises. Think about it.

But, yes, we need to get the friggin crooks in jail. Political and financial.

#17     Aug 31, 2012
  8. Never said repub's were to blame entirely. Bankers, FED, and even the SEC were to blame IMO. I just don't see Obama as the person to blame for this.

And, don't worry about me and my finances, I'm good, but thanks. As they say, a million here, a million there, whatever. Just having fun.

#18     Aug 31, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha ha ha. Pleeeezeee, re-read my opening post. It only talks about the lies coming from the White House and the media picking up those lies and calling them truth when the evidence shows otherwise.

How you go from that to me saying Obama is responsible for the financial crisis is a reach for any reasonable person - not to mention the unreasonable liberals like yourself.

#19     Aug 31, 2012
  10. I was responding to this from you:L Watch this and tell me it was the Republicans who caused the problem.

#20     Aug 31, 2012