Media goes crazy because 1 person was actually able to sign up for obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Oct 3, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Got to love the standards the left has created for making a hero out of someone lol.

On October 1, Chad Henderson successfully signed up for a health care exchange as part of the Affordable Care Act. He was instantly catapulted into the national spotlight as the White House and every single media outlet in America sought to both confirm his story and celebrate his success.

On October 1, Chad Henderson added this widget to his Facebook page announcing his decision to enroll in Obamacare.

[​IMG]

Little did he know, his whole world was about to change.

“Something major happened to me today,” Chad wrote on his Facebook page on Thursday. “I get off of work and find that I have 120 new notifications on my phone. Come to find out…. a few of President Obama’s top advisers had shared my ObamaCare enrollment story with their Twitter followers and I had received much positive feedback along with some hateful feedback.”

Long story short: they contacted me and my story will be published along with a video interview on the President’s official advocacy website, Organizing for Action, and could possibly make it on the White House website.

Hmm… Odd that your average, apolitical youngster would understand the distinction between OFA and the White House. He does list “political activist” as one of his professional skills. No matter. I’m sure the media outlets that have taken an interest in his background will vet his background.

Henderson, a Tennessee resident, announced excitedly that he had been contacted by the Chattanooga Times Free Press and his unique story would soon be gracing the pages of his hometown paper.

“I accept these offers with honor knowing that I am helping the President make history by bringing out the facts on Obamacare!!” Henderson declared.

“AND THE GREAT NEWS KEEPS COMING IN!,” Henderson announced two hours later. “other officials are still continuing to share my story including staff at CNN and a former adviser to President Bill Clinton!”

He also revealed that he had been contacted by the Huffington Post and that national web publication would soon trumpet his tale for the world.

“So freakin excited!!,” Henderson disclosed.

Hang on, Chad. This rocket ship is just taking off…

I’ve now been interviewed by The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post,Chattanooga Times Free Press, The Huffington Post, Enroll America, and POLITICO!! Those stories will be published in the coming days. I have a press conference call with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services later tonight. Also, local folks….. my interview with Kimberly Barbour Wrcb-tv will be aired TONIGHT at 5:30pm on WRCB Channel 3 Eyewitness News so be sure to check it out thanks for all your support!
    Chances are you will soon be hearing the name Chad Henderson and his heroic story of enrolling successfully in a health care exchange. His is a saga of hope and redemption. If Chad can do it, maybe the millions of other healthy young people needed to sustain this program can too.

UPDATE: It turns out Henderson’s knowledge of OFA was not the result of his astuteness or political acumen. According to his LinkedIn profile, he is a current OFA volunteer. Maybe those many media outlets who spoke with him will make note of this seemingly relevant fact.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Extremely low standards have become the norm ever since we lowered our presidential standard to zero in 2008.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Whoops turns out medias poster boy is a liar

Obamacare ‘Poster Boy’ Chad Henderson’s Father Contradicts Elements of His Son’s Story

Thursday afternoon we reported that 21-year-old student Chad Henderson had become the media’s “poster boy” for Obamacare’s federally-run health insurance exchanges. A Reason interview with Chad’s father, however, seemingly contradicts key details of his son’s widely-circulated story.

After the Georgia-based student claimed he successfully enrolled himself and his father for Obamacare, via healthcare.gov, Henderson’s story was quickly picked up by most major news outlets. But after speaking with Chad’s father Bill, Reason‘s Peter Suderman concluded:

Chad father’s Bill contradicted virtually every major detail of the story the media can’t get enough of. What’s more, some of the details that Chad has released are also at odds with published rate schedules and how Obamacare officials say the enrollment system works.
    According to Bill Henderson, neither he nor his son have enrolled for any plan yet, contradicting Chad’s claim that his father chose a $250/month subsidized plan, and that he himself selected an unsubsidized private insurance plan for $175 a month.

Despite his son’s assertion that the father qualified and signed up for a subsidized plan, Bill told Reason that he does not yet know whether he will be eligible for such subsidies:

“I’m hoping so,” he told me. “It’s a possibility.” As of yet, however, the pair had not picked a plan or completed enrollment. But he hoped they would shortly. “We’re going to be enrolling, and looking at it, you know, looking over everything. So we’re going to be deciding on what we’re going to do very soon.”
    Suderman goes on to note other contradictory elements:

Other details from Chad’s story were also difficult to verify. He said his premium was unsubsidized, and cost around $175 a month for the cheapest Bronze coverage plan available. He told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that he got his coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield. But the cheapest unsubsidized Bronze exchange plan at Blue Cross Blue Shield’s online Quick Quote system offers for a 21-year-old in Flintstone, Georgia is $225.09 a month.

Additionally, Chad could not have purchased a separate plan for his father from his own login to HealthCare.gov, the website for the federal exchanges. A customer assistance representative on HealthCare.gov’s LiveChat system told me that purchasing separate plans for a son and a father in Georgia would require two separate logins. Which means that Chad would have had to successfully create two different accounts, and complete enrollment twice, at a time when almost no one was able to get through on the system.

“Chad Henderson’s story was picked up by the national media because of how difficult it was to find individual stories of successful enrollment in the federal health exchanges during the initial days of enrollment,” Suderman concluded. “It appears that reporters may have to keep looking.”

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

So the one person in the nation who claims to have successfully signed up for Obamacare that the media can find....... turns out to be a liar and an OFA volunteer whose primary mission in life is to promote Obamacare.

Absolutely sad!

6. lol . . . its a pity you found that out after the 30 min. delete period , but don't feel too bad Maxi.:D.

7. fhl

fhl

So actually the media finally found someone who says they plan to buy the insurance. Sometime. Probably. In the future. He certainly hopes.

lol