Media fanning the flames

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 25, 2010.

Is the MSM responsible for any gun play this summer?

1. Yes, the MSM will be responsible

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No, they are not fanning the flames

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A leftist will be the trigger man

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Someone from the right will be the trigger man

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. We all know the MSM would like nothing more than for some politcian to get gunned down. They are doing their very best to fan the flames of hate and discontent. They didn't seem to mind all that much when a few radical leftists were advocating the shooting of Bush and people in his administration. They poo pooed and minimzed those events. Now a FEW nuts from the right show up and all of the sudden it's a big deal. Hmmmm!
    A shooting of a Dem is a wet dream for the MSM and the radical left. I really think someone is going down on the campaign trial this summer, and the MSM will love it, and be the root cause.

Edit: Screwed up the poll as it would require two seperate votes. Ignore questions 3 & 4 or the MOD can delete those two questions

2. Ricter

Ricter

So you figure it's either someone in the media, or a "radical leftist" that's phoning in the threats to various democrat congressmen this week?

3. I don't know, but it would not surprise me at all. What I'm more concerned about is all the attention it gets on a daily basis, like there are thousands of people advocating violence.

4. USA is becoming polarized much like the 1960's, although this time around it isn't Civil Rights (which was legitimate). Elected pissants in conjunction with the media are dismantling the US, causing some marginal individuals to become unhinged.

5. Ricter

Ricter

Come to think of it, maybe they're radical rightists making the threats to appear as if they're coming from radical leftists, who are trying to make it appear they're coming from the right.

"Wouldn't surprise me at all."

6. At first blush this appears deplorable and yes of course the msm is putting it's own selfish spin on minor stuff.

The fact of the matter is govt should fear the people so it's not surprising that when gubbermint oversteps it's bounds into authoritarian rule some people show some resistance.

It's a good thing when citizens keep the politicians in line and responsible for their actions.

7. It's all easy enough to make fun of, but there does seem to be an obvious double standard. I mean, we had congressmen and senators questioning the motives of Bush, not to mention all types of people in senior positions from government and media accusing him of everything from gross incompetence to outright murder. Seemed to be OK. Plenty of people calling for his head, literally. No problem, just people voicing their opinion. But now we have Dems in power and no questions can be asked. Few nuts come out and it's treated as an all out assualt. Why is it that it's OK for the left to question their government, but the right cannot do so?
    Why are the crazies from the left always minimized as just a few people kinda' angry about things, but a few crazies from the right are inflated to thousands violent revolutionaries? Maybe you can explain that to me.

8. I think that is a fair question, CO.

But now we have Dems in power and no questions can be asked.

The Dems are and always will be the victim of some unseen god that keeps them from achieving their just due. The god can be the right, the Reps, whoever is perceived to have the power (in their self persecuted victim head), real or imaginary.

9. It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government. - Thomas Paine (1737-1809),
    American Revolutionary, US Founding Father and Author

When governments fear the people, there is liberty.
    When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
    US Founding Father, drafted the Declaration of Independence, 3rd US President of the United States

I think it is great the media is fanning the flames.
    They coddled the Dems into office ...
    now let the Dems fear for their life for betrayal, treason and conspiracy.

If a random Dem gets hit ... it is manchurian ... if one directly
    connected to this latest national betrayal ... it is an edgy nutbar.

Although history could write it differently.

10. The real question is all this hysteria by design? I believe it is. Why would the media do such a thing? Well, beyond their lust for a blood and guts story, it's the only way the Dems maintain their current power. We all know the Dems will lose seats this coming November. How many is the only question--UNLESS a Dem gets smoked this summer. Then it's a whole different game. A Dem gets gunned down and the Dems will not only retain seats, they'll gain seats. Is it really beyond the pale to consider the left is planning a sacrifice, especially given their past affilliations?
    They keep poking the stick at the angry dog, insulting, degrading, antagonizing, daring someone to do something. This is being done with intent and malice.

#10     Mar 25, 2010