Mechanical vs Technical Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by G_Jimbo, May 20, 2006.

1. I have to agree with you here... :)
    Wins the fastest and the smartest ................
    ...........COMPUTER!
    But behind it is still human, who writes the program, after that is purely computers, robots war.
    Several more years and it is 100% cybertrading reality, not a sciencefiction anymore... and I have no sorry for the old Pit trading days, locals made enough money over decades... :D

#21     May 20, 2006
  2. Damn...This is a real anomoly...

Shall we write a book ATS?

We could call it the "Death of the Markets"...

or....

"Rebuilding Egalitarian Market Wealth"

#22     May 20, 2006
  3. G_Jimbo

G_Jimbo

I PMed this to ElectricSavant and thought it'd be best posting it here, too.

I enjoy reading your posts :D

BTW, I am designing a trading strategy involving entry/exits on fib retracements. Is this mechanical or discretionary and is fib retracements reliable?

I have read that this is one of the best ways to trade currencies.

What are your thoughts?

#23     May 20, 2006
  4. Wait until you must get "the chip" injected in your arm...

Are you ready?

One World...One system....One Leader...= a short lived prosperity...then all HELL breaks loose.

Give me the unfairness of humanity ...oh I pray to God please!...So that I will still need you...

but in the end (I will not be here) everybody needs God and do not forget it...

Michael B.

#24     May 20, 2006
  5. The TA of assigning values based on a mark for a dynamic starting point is most valid at the 50% retracement mark in my opinion.

But I will tell you this...It is only a way to define a confident way to mentally apply the "pull the trigger" point or a "Scaling Strategy Scheme". There is no magic...

We need some more contributors here, I am not the expert ok?

Michael B.

#25     May 20, 2006
  6. Also Traders...

Pray for Wisdom...not Patience...you will be tested...

#26     May 20, 2006
    IMNOTRADER likes this.
  7. Reactive trading is where it is at....On the fly you must react to what you are seeing correctly...

Discretionary trading has eluded me all my life...search for the thread Named, "The Perfect Edge in the "Strategy Trading" Forum. This marks the spot where I got a glimpse of being able to finally imagine discretionary trading.

I am still learning a lot...It is my only answer to automation and is my only way to survive. There are traders here hundreds of times better than I...I am just a babe...ask them, they have read my crap for years...some even know me...the trials and tribulations that I have gone though...I have tried so hard...I still have the passion..

Michael B.

#27     May 20, 2006
    IMNOTRADER likes this.
  8. It is not an anomaly, it is not a "Death of the Markets" it is just a beginnig of the new era of trading....
    In the market the money go from one pocket to another, it would be less money in the pockets of brokers, FCM's, locals, large marketmakers... and more money to the pockets of well capitalized system traders.
    Small traders have no chance, neither in the old Pit market, nor in the new electronic markets... they will loose by definition of the Market itself :)

We will trade machines; you write the book, but better call it "Liberation of Markets from Monopolies" :)

Sorry to all of you out there for my posts, I promise "to play nice with other kids in the future"... :D

#28     May 20, 2006
  9. G_Jimbo

G_Jimbo

I've just finished back testing a trading strategy I have been learning from 'Trading for a Living' and on the GBPUSD from 1st March until 19 May, profit realisation would have been 1614 (best scenario) / 2 = 807 potential?

Is this a good return over 2.5 months?

EDIT: My strategy involves MACD on a 5-min chart backed up on a higher time frame of 1-day.

#29     May 20, 2006
  10. Old post, but I couldn't agree more, well said.
    Wondering how are you doing this days.

#30     Apr 30, 2021