Mechanical vs Technical Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by G_Jimbo, May 20, 2006.

1. John Houseman TY :)

#11     May 20, 2006
  2. mechanical - means automated.
    1. Automated order execution - absolutely a must!
    2. Automated preprogrammed trading logic - should be there as well :)
    3. Automated self adjusted mechanism, that controls the logic -very preferable :)

I never saw a Futures or Forex trader who is successful on the long run and trades discretionary, based on technical or fundamental analysis.

Exception - stock investors during the period of bull market and those who invested big sevral times and got lucky...
    Definition:"long run" - over thousands and thousands or completed individual trades (not over time).

#12     May 20, 2006
  3. You are the enemy :)

#13     May 20, 2006
    IMNOTRADER likes this.
  4. I have watched automation flatten the ES...

and the good ol' day's of the pits are dead....

Long live the real traders out there and god bless you...I want to meet as many of you as I can before I die. Let's talk about war stories and such :)

Michael B.

#14     May 20, 2006
  5. grasshopper,

read Jesse Livermores book..."Reminissance of a Stock Operator"

He shared his heart with us :)

TY JL and may you rest in peace. (How I would have loved to meet him and spend some trading days with him)

Michael B.

#15     May 20, 2006
  6. G_Jimbo

G_Jimbo

Is manual trading on fib retracements classed as a technical or fundemental system and what is the success of trading fib retracements?

#16     May 20, 2006
  7. ATSTRADER: I have to disagree here: mechanical trading, which is the opposite to discretionary trading, can be automated, but can be traded manually, too (human being acting as "execution robot")

So automated trading is neccessarily mechanical, while manual trading can be both mechanical and discretionary.

#17     May 20, 2006
  8. :) Sure! God bless "the real traders out there"!
    Without them we won't be able capitalize on our automated "vacuum mashie" that trades against their OI and "flatten" the market. :)

We are your enemy :)

#18     May 20, 2006
  9. HeHe....

Capitalism at its finest...computers trading against computers...

Who wins?...the fastest?

meanwhile there is no range...

retail traders...you don't stand a chance against automation ....:) :) what say you?

The dead and cheating real trader who cannot make money otherwise
    Michael B.

#19     May 20, 2006
  10. I was asked to optimize a system by a developer. He needed a real trader for this.

When I discovered that he was preparing for automation...we parted ways, I guess thats what you call it..(he claims he has two other riskless systems...I have noticed many programmer types, talk this way)

You must FIRST be a REAL trader to automate :)

Michael B.

#20     May 20, 2006