Mechanical Trading Question

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by jamus, Oct 19, 2003.

1. jamus

jamus

Hi,
    I just want some information about a a good trading system/ software that you can download for a trial period which allows for customized signal generation for buys and sells using your usual indicators. Anyone know of any. Sorry but I am new to these you see.
    Thanks in advance.

2. I would say.... E-signal considering the "software" is free... But the service is not so it might not be something you're looking for...

I'd say...

Free historical data with a free C ( Java ) compiler???

:D

3. best is wealthlab wealth-lab.com.

4. ...you cheap. E-Signal for you. Me use. $113 per lunar cycle with e-mini data. Language easy write. Better no use usual TA. Is moosecrap. Write own strategy. You broker IB? Also cheap. Fast fill, no screw.

5. MarkB

MarkB

ROTFLMAO! The first time I've ever used that net abbrev, and I've been online since I was happy to have a 110 baud modem.

6. ...just trying to get the point across that ES and IB is a great combination fo' a po' boy trader. Maybe even not so po'. Will be even better when ES gets internal automated trading to IB. I love the hell out of ES because the code looks like CODE.

7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you're looking for cheap, try Sierra. I've been using it for more than a year and couldn't be happier. And it's only $80/yr.

8. ...what's the link, please, and please comment on what's good about it. Thanks. - Mike

9. jamus

jamus

Thankyou guys, thanx traderkay. Wealth-lab is exactly what I had in mind when I asked the question. Just shows what an incredible information centre we got here at elitetrader. Thanx again. Now Just to test my trading ideas.....