meats

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Rtrader2525, Sep 26, 2008.

1. TX is a wise man, take heed to what he says. Dec/april piggies working really well. 2 bucks a clip already. I like buying your feb/jun spread tx it is so damned wide. my soymeal is turning a little bit, you got anything else working.

#41     Nov 6, 2008
  2. wise man my ass! lol...took a LOT of BIG mistakes to get to where I even remotely have an idea of what I'm doing! LOL...

I'm looking to buy soymeal again soon, same with corn and March Beans...ALMOST dipped my toe in today, but equity mkts still look weak and the dollar may be trying to head back higher, so I didn't.

Still short some Dec Cattle from 94.00...and today spent most of my time beating my head against a wall for not selling the last of my lumber yesterday!

May long some additional Feb hogs at 60 if I feel lucky, tried to get in the belly trade again today, and failed again...just waiting for it to break down...should roll once it does.

#42     Nov 6, 2008
  3. exited my Feb/June hog spread today, picked up a quick 1.00. Not bad for a two day / counter-seasonal trade, so I'm taking my money and leaving.

Also sold the remaining portion of my Jan lumber today at 202.00 I also daytrade the ES a little, and am thinking we turn back lower there, so I'm mostly just sitting back and waiting for new long entries in commodities, we should get some better buy points across the board in the next few weeks.

Only position on into the weekend is short Dec LC at 94, but am trying to sell some puts against this one just to limit risk a little if cash trade comes out high today.

#43     Nov 7, 2008
  4. Nice on the Hog Spread. Still looking to get in on the uptrend, waiting for a pullback first though obviously. When you trade seasonals, what kind o f window do you give yourself?

#44     Nov 7, 2008
  5. Manin: You may get your chance, the Feb hogs posted a nice little reversal bar on Friday. I may take a shot on a long trade there, even though its counter-seasonal...R/R is just too appealing not to.

Not quite sure what you mean on your seasonal trade question...what "window" are you talking about? Time, Price, Stop Losses???

#45     Nov 9, 2008
  6. Sorry Trader, I was referring to time.

#46     Nov 10, 2008
  7. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

I like proscuitto here for a pop.

#47     Nov 10, 2008
  8. Manin: I do not really look at time too much on the spreads, some of them take time, (grain, cotton calendar spreads), while some of the inter-markets can move fairly quickly. The only time constraint I do put on them is I will exit before first notice day.

Also, today shorted the Feb hogs at 63.00. Looks like that party is over. Stop over high of day, details will be on blog later.

#48     Nov 12, 2008
  9. I like your blog TX!! Thats cool you like Drum and bass. my lumber is holding strong, looks like you havent moved it yet!!!

#49     Nov 12, 2008
  10. trader, whats the address for your blog?

#50     Nov 13, 2008