meats

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Rtrader2525, Sep 26, 2008.

1. anybody looking at the Feb Fat/Belly spread???? Looking VERY attractive here at $4-5.

Got the best quote of the day (and am now worried about the guys manning the order desk at my broker) I called in to get in on the above mentioned spread...and my broker literally said "you wanna do what??" followed by "you can do that??" OI VAY!!

#21     Oct 29, 2008
  2. Hey Tx I wont trade that spread unless above a 30 dollar premium to bellies, It is probably good but my livestock system parameters just dont fit within it. I got caught in it once and it won't happen again. It just made a big move from 28 down to 22, i'd watch for a little retracement. Let me know what your entry is. Ha ha on the lumber comment you made earlier, thatd be one hell of a beach house!!! Looks like our baby might be turning the tide tho!

#22     Oct 29, 2008
  3. Rtrader: I was trying to buy the fats/sell the bellies this morning at around $4.00....looking for a big move higher in that spread. Broker still hasn't called me back to see if he can even do it (I just changed brokers)....this is really annoying

#23     Oct 29, 2008
  4. i am sorry TX I thought you wrote belly lean!!! Goold luck onthat sucker!

#24     Oct 29, 2008
  5. Shaqi

Shaqi

Fry em hogs - big crash imminent:D

#25     Oct 29, 2008
  6. Shaqi

Shaqi

Fry em Hogs - Time to take to taste the fry up before it gets burnt:D

#26     Nov 3, 2008
  7. Shaqi I'm with you on the hogs...still spreading the deffereds over the nearby and the Feb. Two days in a row now with no fill in the belly pit on an attempted sell order.....damn those boys just won't let me get short! ha ha

#27     Nov 3, 2008
  8. thats a good sign for your spread then TX, fi they wont let ya then that means that it's going down. I tried to add more lumber today but never got hit

#28     Nov 3, 2008
  9. Shaqi

Shaqi

Im out today TraderX - been short for past 5 trading days - i wont risk a run up from here considering also cattle has been trending upwards though no conviction in the cattle bull move

#29     Nov 3, 2008
  10. Shaqi

Shaqi

Although the cattle move up has been soft - its reached some levels where one might consider to change trading policy - I want to see how the reaction for here plays out though

#30     Nov 3, 2008