meats

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Rtrader2525, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Shaqi...

I agree...feeders have been a great short since the the big consolidation at 110, hogs same way on a break of their consolidation...however, I do like a short nearby/long deffered spread on the hogs to take advantage of a possible push higer by corn in the coming wks/months.

Rtrader: I've seen that spread before...but it seems kind of rare though. I never liked trading the bellies either...hard to get orders on and filled. What has been your experience in that pit?

#11     Oct 14, 2008
  2. >>meats>>

I'll have two double-doubles with fries, 7-up and a vanilla shake.

I'll have a quad king fatburger on the char with chili, cheese, egg, bacon, fat fries and rolaids.

Choose either one, based upon where you live in the West.

#12     Oct 14, 2008
  3. Shaqi

Shaqi

Time to ring the cash register on liv stock shorts. :D

#13     Oct 15, 2008
  4. OMG, and it comes with a free initial exam coupon with the cardiac surgeon of your choice.

they do look good though mmmm!!

here's wishing only the finest meats and cheeses at your doorstep

:D

#14     Oct 15, 2008
  5. Shaqi

Shaqi

Meats have been easy trading since August like picking up money lying about the corner:p

#15     Oct 15, 2008

6. bad experiences with the pit, those guys arent dumb either they know when something is going on you haave gotta place small orders and get out sooner than later imo. I got caught in the trade about 4 years ago and they wouldnt let me out they fucking knew they had me and they milked it. im patiently waiting for the opp. to come again. I have a feeling that it will, pig slaughter will remain huge imo

#16     Oct 15, 2008
  7. That was my experience too the one time I traded the bellies...had a measly little 2 lot in there too...got a good entry, but my limit order on the other end never got filled...came right up too it...then couldn't get filled as it retraced, and finally my stop at breakeven got hit....easy to smell a new guy though I suppose when only 150 contracts trade per day on avg. Do you happen to know how many guys are actually in that pit on a regular basis?? I'd be interesting to know...with the way that one trades it seems like just 2 or 3...lol...

#17     Oct 15, 2008
  8. Shaqi

Shaqi

I exited Feeders on market and a huge slippage - gave up 20 ticks - yes $250/contract on exit. those markets are easy but you right the guys there slip orders big time - its probably the worst compared to - metals, grains,indices,financials and currency

#18     Oct 15, 2008
  9. i heard there are two traders, but that seems small to me. Yeah they can smell a newbie out quick. I keep it very light with one lotters on the belly hog spread. Last time it moved it dropped 20 bucks though so 1 lot held would have been an awesome profit

#19     Oct 15, 2008
  10. Shaqi

Shaqi

Short em Lean Hogs - Fry up soon :D

#20     Oct 28, 2008