Meathead-in-Chief declares war on oil speculators

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I agree that speculation is not a large part at all of the price of oil (today), but disagree that it's the Fed's fault. It is still being driven by the simpler but more mounmental of forces, demand.

Obama is being a politician here, nothing unusual. And nothing significant will be done, behind the scenes, about speculation.

#41     Apr 22, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

Demand is created by people having more money to spend. When the Fed, and every other country in the world floods the system with dollars, people have more money to spend.

The demand is a direct result of world governments flooding the system with money, it is basic economics, the reason governments all over the world are flooding the system with dollars is to create demand, and drive up the economy, the excess demand is entirely the feds fault.

#42     Apr 22, 2011
  3. He better go talk to his MASTERS first.............

"Report: Bilderberg Wants Gas Prices at $7 a Gallon"

http://www.infowars.com/report-bilderberg-wants-gas-prices-at-7-a-gallon/

#43     Apr 22, 2011
  4. BTW, this is such a fricking joke and the barry s gang knows it.....they KNOW middle eastern wealth entities/funds are keeping the bid in CL right now (with a hell of a lot more money than pit traders). This has been going on for years now at key times.

#44     Apr 22, 2011
  5. Why is it that supposedly thinking "traders" here cannot seem to distinguish between normal speculation and "fraud, abuse and manipulation?"

“I look forward to the group’s work, especially in rooting out fraud, abuse or manipulation in the energy markets,” said Bart Chilton, CFTC commissioner. “I remain convinced that excessive speculation is a part of the problem and should be part of the group’s focus, too.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/defa52cc-6c68-11e0-a049-00144feab49a.html#axzz1KLbexzEf

#45     Apr 23, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you show your true level of ignorance on the issue of the cftc and speculation in quoting chilton. before you actually think that means anything, you should do a little history on chilton and silver.

what's next? are you going to quote the SEC as a reliable resource?

#46     Apr 23, 2011
  7. Nah, he'll go with the racism schtick.

#47     Apr 23, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Fair points, inflation is becoming a big problem in those countries that had big enough stimulus programs and managed to keep their economies above the Great Recession. But I can't raise too much blame for those governments, because some of them were pretty much looking at anarchy if their populations weren't able to feed themselves, particularly because of the visible rise of wealthy minorities amongst them--imminent starvation just doesn't seem fair (to most folks) in such circumstances.

#48     Apr 23, 2011
  9. Banjo

Banjo

10. Good point and I'm sure accommodations could be made. My point is that this particular market has too many disastrous consequences for game playing. I know that the Fed policy of crushing the dollar is also influencing oil price. I know that more government regulation is a sickening consideration. I know that free markets will eventually bring price to where it belongs, but I also know that this market isn't exactly free. It's captive, held hostage and manipulated to a degree that demands something be done. I don't know exactly what that something should be, but the result of business as usual will have grave consequences for us all.

#50     Apr 23, 2011