MEAT needs to be taxed to the max - modern meats are evil....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by chewbacca, Feb 22, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Best compromise maybe: cut back on amounts of meat eaten, we don't need as much as we currently eat, and make sure it's all range fed, it is way more abundant in Omega3's and way less full of garbage.

I saw a video by the guy that runs Organic Pastures.... he explains that pasteurization allows dairy producers to have really sick cows, they live a quarter as long as his range fed ones and the milk is swimming in bacteria. The pasteurization process kills the bacteria by causing them to split open, that introduces all the bacteria particles into our gut and the digestive system has no way to handle them, it is a cause of a lot of the current health grief according to him. A buddy of mine verified that for me, he had no milk related problems until his family moved and started buying from the store instead of getting raw, whole, milk...

This centralization of the food supply just sucks, people are ill and clamoring for free health care, they wouldn't need healthcare at all if they ate actual food instead of this quasi artificial fare offered up in the USA......

#11     Feb 22, 2008
  2. Original poster needs to fuck off. Everyone should eat more meat just to piss him off.

It's kinda like with the whole "green" bullshit. I will not by any landury detergent or any other product which claims to be good for the environment. I doubled my garbage production, and try to use paper platers and cups whenever possible!!

Although he does have a point... all meat and foods should be organic. The government doesn't care because it keeps inflation way down.

If Wal-Mart opened up stores that only served organic food, they'd make a fortune.

#12     Feb 22, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

#1 Reason... Global Warming!

Do you have any idea how much METHANE cows produce? (Methane is more stable and 20X more effective as a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.)

* 1 cow emits 10X more methane than an entire frat party after a weekend kegger and pickled eggs.

#13     Feb 22, 2008
  4. #14     Feb 22, 2008
  5. never will happen,cattle ranchers have too much political clout.
    organizations like r-calf are huge

#15     Feb 22, 2008
  6. Let me get this strait....you think the fed gov't will do WHAT with the tax money they collect off your idea??????

they don;t refer to DC politics as 'PORK BELLY" for nothing!!

#16     Feb 22, 2008
  7. The_End

The_End

Interestingly enough, termites are actually responsible for the highest flatus output. More methane comes from them than cows (mostly from their mouth) or people.

It's been quite some time since I last read these studies, but I remember some of them being very contentious in regard to the amount of "natural" emission. Likely, ultimately, for political means.

Personally speaking, I believe the earth can heal itself just fine from anything, based upon past performance (the ice age can be one example). To me, the environment isn't our biggest threat at all, but it is one of our greatest distraction from what threatens us most.

#17     Feb 22, 2008
  8. tyler19

tyler19

Damn vegetarians are eating the rain forest.

#18     Feb 22, 2008
  9. We don't need no stinkin' meat tax. Damn commie.

John

#19     Feb 23, 2008
  10. I'll never give up meat. Wayyyy too tasty :p

#20     Feb 23, 2008