Measuring Trend

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Read above guys, funny stuff.

Crazy A

#31     Sep 13, 2011
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

I'm still looking for that indicator. Good luck with your trend lines.

#32     Sep 13, 2011
  3. baro-san

baro-san

Keep your mind open: if that's what you believe, it doesn't mean it is so. A channel has a width, a slope, a structure, and the price it includes is obviously measurable.

#33     Sep 13, 2011
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

You need HH, HL, LH, LL to draw trend lines. If you think those occur in the short term, the joke's on you. :D

#34     Sep 13, 2011
  5. baro-san

baro-san

It seems that you think your view of the trendlines merits is correct. Let me tell you that I know for a fact, that you're mistaken.

#35     Sep 13, 2011
  6. baro-san

baro-san

George C., post an example where they don't. You may be right (not).

#36     Sep 13, 2011
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

OK, tell me how you get measurements of trend strength and/or trend quality out of them and I'll be convinced.

#37     Sep 13, 2011
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Until you explain how any of that translates into a measurement of trend, you've demonstrated nothing.

#38     Sep 13, 2011
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

OK what's the minimum number of points you need to draw a reasonable trendline? I only need 4 bars for the KER.

Is a 4-bar trendline something that makes sense?

I don't know, and don't care enough to any testing myself. I assume those who do care about trendlines have done or are willing to do this testing themselves.

#39     Sep 13, 2011
  10. Mathematically you can do it with 3 points.
    Either HH, HL & HH or LL, LH, LL can define bull or bear trends. The arc of the first two points can be applied to the 3rd point to predict the arc of the 4th. This is trend direction. Trend strength comes from the level of price pull back or rise associated with the HL or LH of the trend. I've always called this the rubber band effect. When the energy is released the target HH or LL distance measures strength. Took me years to prove this but it works flawlessly.

#40     Sep 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.