Measuring trade intensity to detect reversals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cunparis, May 19, 2010.

1. Actually that was the wrong link, here is what I was going to show you.......

http://www.charthub.com/images/2010/05/24/FulcrumTrader_CD_ESM10

You can see the three Delta Threshold levels I was tracking that all went neutral with the trade up to 1088.75's (so three indexed levels of resting SHORT inventory all unwound at about the same time...."losers" capitulating).

#41     May 25, 2010
  2. Nice chart. Do you have an explanation for why CD sometimes will sometimes pullback to the tick to a prior level and then reverse and go the original direction? I think you call that neutralizing. But when it does it to the tick it's pretty amazing.

#42     May 25, 2010
  3. I will let Chris explain neutralization as he really knows what he is talking about. I just wanted to post a picture of what you were talking about but on a bigger scale. This morning the CD traded all the way down to the lowest point that this contract has traded......the CD lowest point was from last friday when we traded tot he low 1150s. If you notice, this morning the long holders all got cleaned out(neutralized) and then started to trade up since then....quite amazing.

http://www.charthub.com/images/2010/05/25/Delta_bars.png

#43     May 25, 2010

4. I was looking at one of your videos, can you explain why you use a 45 minute time frame on es. I am not saying it is wrong, I find it interesting how people use different time frames. :)

#44     May 26, 2010
  5. what is CD that you guys keep talking about?

#45     May 26, 2010
  6. For cycles I use multiples of 3. So the daily is 415 and / 3 = 135 / 3 = 45 /3 = 15.

for tick charts I use 500/1500/4500/13500/40500

You can use any multiple you like, but 3 seems to work well for me.

Then I look for cycles on a timeframe in the same direction as a timeframe higher up. for example a pullback on 45 min in direction of daily.

I plan to make videos explaining this as it can be complicated. but it really helps to see the fractal nature of the markets.

For the other guy: CD is cumulative delta.

#46     May 26, 2010
  7. thanks nice blog. I will check it out you may want to check out:

cycles what cycles, interesting ideas about cycle analysis.

#47     May 26, 2010
  8. Do you have a link?

BTW I took a trade off that 45 min chart today. Went short at 84 and took 4 pts off and letting the 2nd run a bit. The 45min works very well. :)

[​IMG]

Cheers.

#48     May 26, 2010
  9. Did this end up being real?

#49     Jul 6, 2016