Measuring trade intensity to detect reversals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cunparis, May 19, 2010.

1. Twinsen

Twinsen

But where is it possible to download this indicator for Ninja Trader?

#11     May 21, 2010
  2. Just google Trade With The Flow or Pace of Tape and you'll find it available on my blog. I keep the latest version there so it's centralized.

#12     May 21, 2010
  3. Is that the same indicator that the guy at TL was using?

He seemed to be cherry picking his screenshots, I think.

Can someone post the code?

#13     May 23, 2010
  4. You can find the indicator with source code by googling "trade with the flow pace of tape". I keep it available in one place so I can update it as needed.

#14     May 23, 2010
  5. In the meantime, can you post a few more screenshots for me to look at? post some where it worked and where it didn't work. I don't use NT so i'll have to pretend until someone codes it up for SierraChart.

Thanks man :)

#15     May 23, 2010
  6. It cannot "work" or "not work" any more than volume, price, or any other data source. It does not tell you what to do. It simply gives you information that you must then interpret in context and in conjunction with your other data and then make a trading decision (which could be to do nothing).

#16     May 23, 2010
  7. Here is one from friday.

[​IMG]

#17     May 23, 2010
  8. Another, this is from earlier friday, after the open.

I had to recreate my workspace on Friday and my DOM wasn't set up right. It kept closing my 2nd target when I closed the first. Really messed me up so if it looks like I got out too soon that's why.

Took me several trades to figure it out.

[​IMG]

#18     May 23, 2010
  9. what do the purple candles mean? (sorry if they were already explained, im browsing from my phone and can't zoom in on the pics).

thanks for posting those pics.

#19     May 23, 2010
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

agree,
    and learning by browsing thru a cell phone is probl not going to help either.

#20     May 23, 2010