Meanwhile in the rest of the world...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvic, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I am not anti anyone, well scratch that, I am anti Bush anti Republicans anti Foxnews, anti Rush Limbaugh etc.

It is laughable for Russia to flex its muscles right now when the reality here is that Russia's economy is smaller than that of France, Uk, Italy, Germany and I think even Brazil. Russia cannot project power beyond its economy's ability to sustain it. Imperialism broke the neck of so many countries, it will bring down USA, but it will bring down Russia before that.

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. Look,
    I am not so indoctrinated into US and Israeli propaganda - not even European propaganda - or any religious propaganda etc.

Russia acts on the basis of being forced into reactions. So does the US many times. But the fundamentals are ideologies.
    I have been interested in geopolitics and defense politics ever since I was a little kid playing with plastic soldiers.
    Later I played tabletop games like SSI "Fire in the East" with 11 000 pieces, and with lotsa friends into war history.
    In the military I was a communications operator in the NATO intelligence network.
    With time I have also got to understand the larger philosophical currents behind geopolitics, and they are very apparent.

The US "leadership" believes in the elitist theories of James Burnham and about the neutral predictions of Halford Mackinder in view of a Darwinistic international environment. Then everyone are trying to destroy each other - jockey for position etc.
    www.anglospherechallenge.com

But there is a much stronger underlying current in the world - called evolution... and it's eventually the goal of everyone to be free.
    As democracies evolve the react stronger to the disruption and destruction of what they see are working parts.
    Therefore the opposition to US imperialism or pan-Americanism is also growing stronger.
    The want to be free people, not American clones or drooling zombies eating Big Macs and munching Xanax.
    As long as there is freedom of thought and free people - the US will never be able to "win the war of ideas".
    It is just against evolution and nature itself - you can't win - just delay...

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

it's idiotic why russians are supporting syria. they don't even have oil!!! why spend all that money for nothin

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. They got no money and no balls for any major play. Their economy hangs on price of oil. Last time the Bolsheviks tried a major play with money earned from oil, Reagan dropped the price of oil and there were no Bolsheviks no more.

They're just pissed of that US sent ships to Black Sea during the Georgia conflict, which was a very stupid thing to do, so now they are doing the equally stupid thing.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Reagan tripled the national debt and eliminated the fairness doctrine which resulted in smooth talking demagogues taking over on talk radio. He did not drop the price of oil, it returned to sane levels after the embargo ended. Soviet Union overextended itself in Afghanistan (Invasion happened during Carter administration and Zbigniew Brzezinski was ecstatic they did!) in the same way Venezuela is overextending itself right now under Hugo Chavez.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. I just gotta laugh out loud at you social, economic and historical Darwinists thinking you are going to be winners.

Evolution is in nature and your genes, you whiners - try fighting that.
    :p

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. Germantrader- how many of the oligarchs AREN'T jews?

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. I beg to differ - Saudis increased the production dramatically after Reagan specifically asked them to.

Indeed it did, however US Govt, in an infinite wisdom, instead of letting soviets and muslims fight it out for the next century, had chosen to supply taliban with stingers ensuring the first victory ever, that muslim world can account for in the past few centuries. Soviet top military opposition to withdrawal from Afganistan was so strong - if it wasn't for losing a couple of very expensive aircraft every day, not counting dozens of much cheaper tanks and APV's, the Soviets would have stayed there forever, making sure the jihad does not spill over to US soil.

So next time something blows up here in US - we know who to thank for it.

Charlie Fucking Wilson.

#18     Sep 23, 2008