Mdtl

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Well MGPI violates one of the rules of bio investing--
    It makes money! Lots of it! It's got a freakin' PE of 14 for gods sake this is no up and commer, and as such must be valued as a real entity!

It looks like they lost a big pet food contract last qtr.
    If you look at estimates 30 days ago for the current QTR they were 37 cents now 32 cents and full year has come down to $1.40 to $1.45 so there is earnings risk here which you would never have with one of my biotechs- they have no earnings!

This new upgrade today and whatever they said yesterday at Roth must be taken into consideration...

#11     Feb 23, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

I just gotta brag on myself a bit here. Although I contribute it mostly to luck, I think I made a great trade on this today.

My proclivity is always to protect my profits, which often times leads to getting out of a trade too early. This morning, I may have found a method to do both (at least for this trade). Before market open, I place a stop limit sell order at $18.10 stop / $18.04 limit. Simultaneously, I placed a buy order at $17.60 which was just above the 50% retracement. Well, what do you know - the stock fell / sold for a nice profit (+13%), then my buy order got filled and it recovered.

I really do think this was mostly luck, but I gotta give myself a pat on the back just the same. (I sure hope it continues it's climb next week or I will look like a fool, huh).

#12     Feb 23, 2007
  3. You know Topdown I sort of did the same thing but a lot clumsier. Great job. I mean life's to short to constantly prune these stocks but sometimes you have to especially when the market isn't cooperating as a whole.

Here's the thing-- this stock has lots of haters. Many, many days to cover if they can pull off a wireless contract. Usually I don't like taking the other side of a big short argument but in this case it's basically weather you believe the company or the shortsellers. the company says they are pre making all these units to fill what they know is to be huge orders whenever they go live. The flip side is management is BS they have no assembly line working and it's all smoke and mirrors. When you take a look at the big block holders and the institutional ownership I feel confident when I say I'm going to side with MDTL. They do have the product and it's going to be huge. I see these ads on kids tv for flying hydroplanes and whatnots helicopters that buzz around the house. these burn through batteries quick I just envision next year everyone will be slapping these new power packs in like cartridges into a rifle. The possibility here is that this becomes a ubiquitous product everywhere and for everything> I'm thinking they are many more runs up for this stock--

#13     Feb 23, 2007
  4. God I'm sooooo tired. I just got back from Switzerland on the red eye. I went to the MDTL plant and explained to them what the shortsellers are saying over here about the lack of a production line. I did see the line working all beit a bit slowly and I did see some people sitting around in front of laptops. They told me I could not take any photos but I was wearing my motion camera belt!

Video of Medis high volume production line in operation at Ismeca facility in Switzerland:
    http://www.feehan.com/medis07/prodline.html

#14     Feb 26, 2007
  5. WELL IT'S CLOSE OUT POSITION TIME HERE @ $19+

Congrats everyone what a trade. fear filled and a doozy of a payout THAT's stonedinvesting!

Cheers!

#15     Apr 16, 2007