MCOA and other Marijuana Stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Make Dough Repeat, Feb 20, 2017.

1. yep, they're out there, but you need to watch like a hawk. I stayed on the sidelines. I still like MCOA based on the chart (to the extent charts hold value in the OTC markets).

#21     Feb 22, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

$.059 now.
    Thats about a 25% "move" in the wrong direction.
    Tried to warn ya. Don't touch these things.
    25% is 25%.

#22     Mar 6, 2017
  3. We will see, looks like it is just testing a nice range that started 12/28. First tested the upper boundaries now the lower. It's like ping pong, buy on the dips sell at top of range. But for big money, I think have to be long term with these MJ stocks.

#23     Mar 6, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Down another 6% today.
    It doesn't matter if it trades in the 100th/cent...
    6% is 6% ... more-so with a a .001 spread. It really is 6%.
    To keep things in perspective....The biggest gainer on the S&P 100 today was Trip Advisor.
    Up 6%.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    That's the value added aspect of ET.

#24     Mar 8, 2017
  5. Sure, it's on me for not taking profits. On other hand, I think this is one of those stocks you don't look at for a while and then are pleasantly surprised. Every time I have felt like that and sold early, I missed on monster moves. I think its consolidating the huge move, kind of a CwH pattern. Could be wrong, but usually when feel like I am wrong the trade goes the opposite.

#25     Mar 8, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

My opinion... Canopy Growth is the best play if you believe in the sector.
    Remember... its all about percentage moves.
    It doesn't matter if a stock costs $0.10 or $200.
    Good luck.
    Always. images.jpg

#26     Mar 8, 2017
  7. Thanks - looks like the ask is getting slapped a bit, it's up about 12% today. I think yesterday may have been the reversal candle on the daily as it tests the bottom range and now should test the top (assuming TA matters).

#27     Mar 10, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

12%!
    Yeah baby.

#28     Mar 10, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

“I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana–so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful,” Sessions said in a speech to federal, state, and local law enforcement agents in Virginia this week. He continued:

“I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable. I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store … Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.”

-Jeff Sessions 3/16/17

Past Comments:

1. On what he thought of the KKK in the '80s in comments he later insisted were delivered jokingly:

"OK until I found out they smoked pot."

2. On the drug being a danger:

"We need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it's in fact a very real danger."

3. On Obama's more lax approach to pot enforcement and his admiration for "Just Say No":

"I think one of [Obama's] great failures, it's obvious to me, is his lax treatment in comments on marijuana... It reverses 20 years almost of hostility to drugs that began really when Nancy Reagan started 'Just Say No.'"

4. More on Obama and pot:

"You can't have the President of the United States of America talking about marijuana like it is no different than taking a drink… It is different… It is already causing a disturbance in the states that have made it legal."

5. On the kinds of folks who smoke weed:

"Good people don't smoke marijuana."

http://www.newsweek.com/jeff-sessions-marijuana-quotes-about-pot-570177

#29     Mar 19, 2017
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    #30     Aug 3, 2017