McDonald's coffee bars to take on Starbucks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jan 7, 2008.

1. That is funny. :D

#51     Jan 7, 2008

2. lol, they like to call them "peacekeepers".

Although the Afghanis see them more as "invaders" and 74 have died over there so far mostly due to IED. :(

#52     Jan 7, 2008
  3. Per usual, you're as FOS as ever. Maybe you didn't get the "memo", but your typical "Starbucks consumer" now includes your run of the mill hooker, pimp, cab driver, ditch digger et al.

Not to mention a large majority of the middle class.

#53     Jan 7, 2008
  4. thanks

:D :D

#54     Jan 7, 2008
  5. I thought the "Middle class" was good/bad. Must be an election year.
    I forgot what this thread was about.

#55     Jan 7, 2008

6. perhaps you should study marketing and demographics.

some MCD consumers WILL go to SBUX. However, very very few, if any of the SBUX demo would go to MCD regardless of taste, et al.

trickle down aint gonna work in this case.

surf

#56     Jan 7, 2008
  7. Well, according to your logic, the SBUX consumer is price insensitive. (i.e. they just gotta have that $4 beverage). Only problem is the market has already cut this stock in half in a little more than a year.

Truth be told, I highly doubt you even know the SBUX demo as it stands today.

#57     Jan 7, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Many will cut back on a $4-6 cup of coffee on the next recession, think how much money you can save in a given year by buying that old deli fashion cup of coffee for $1.25, lets do some simple math.

1.25 X 5 = 6.25 X 52 = $325 a year for one cup of old fashion deli coffee.

Lets make the avg price around $4.50

$4.50 X 5 = $22.50 X 52 = $1170

$1170-$325 = $845 in savings.

#58     Jan 7, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

I think it will work, if MCD can make a good cup of coffee they will get the customers, I know many people who prefer MCD and Dunkin Donuts coffee over SBUX, MCD is going to be a winner in this segment of the market, they would not be doing this if they knew they didnt have a good coffee to begin with. This is going to eat market share away from SBUX, SBUX is already hurting, they have to many stores and that is bringing competition upon itself.

I think its time SBUX gets some competition. MCD can be serious competition to SBUX.

#59     Jan 7, 2008

10. hi,

i don't agree. MCD may be serious competition for dunkin donuts, not for SBUX. we'll see what happens.

regards,

surf

#60     Jan 7, 2008