McDonald's coffee bars to take on Starbucks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Niiice.. I am there..

Goals for 2008

1) Increase Capital--Cut back on SBUX
    2) 3 months Keto to get b/f down to 8%
    3) Get my own pimp IWC BP
    4) Move as close to WElls and North as I can afford

#41     Jan 7, 2008
  2. I think almost all the MCD's have wifi. I get connected there for free it comes with my DSL package. It works good for traveling or when working out of town, I pull into the parking lot and get on line.

#42     Jan 7, 2008
  3. My favorite coffee ($1.35-1.60 for a large, depending upon area!!) is

http://www.timhortons.com/en/index.html

Stock symbol THI, here is a comparison with SBUX, THI up almost 40% this year, SBUX down 40%:

who's your daddy!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

no fake BS, this is where the cops buy their coffee! That is why THI is never robbed :D

#43     Jan 7, 2008
  4. Yes, Tim Horton's coffee is excellent. That's my go-to place for to-go coffee.

#44     Jan 7, 2008
  5. Will order some today, thanks for the suggestion.

#45     Jan 7, 2008
  6. Let us know what you think. Ask for the double-double (2 creams, 2 sugars, that's the classic Canadian way).

Tim's is the only coffee I will actually pay for. Tried Second Cup a few times, a few types, always tasted like water. And yes, SBUX tastes burnt lol.

Tim's coffee is thick...like coffee should be. Fills ya up.
    :)

They even opened an outlet in Afghanistan for the Canadian troops serving there.

Based on the stock price I'd have to say Tim's (THI) is doing the right thing .

#46     Jan 7, 2008
  7. Thick? Maybe you should have told them to brew a fresh pot. :)

I don't see how Second Cup's coffee tastes like water to you. It is actually stronger than Tim's, and closer to Starbucks in strength. In any event, I think both Second Cup and Tim's do a good job when they get it right. (And they usually do.) I find Starbucks coffee to be less consistent. But maybe that's just me.

#47     Jan 7, 2008
  8. i believe canada gets the SBUX seconds. suggest trying tier one SBUX in actual markets like LA or NYC prior to drawing conclusions.

:D

#48     Jan 7, 2008
  9. Maybe it was just that one Second Cup location that watered down their brew! I like my coffee to be a meal replacement - lots of sugar and cream, the thicker the better. :D

To stay on topic, Second Cup is a public company on the Toronto Exchange with symbol SCU.UN

Stock is doing badly, company loses money in some quarters (maybe due to watery coffee lol)

#49     Jan 7, 2008
  10. Canada has Armed Forces?!

#50     Jan 7, 2008