McDonald's aims to hire 50,000 workers on April 19

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 4, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

yea you are right, some people are living and making better wages sitting at home on unemployment, no reason to work there at minimum wage if you are living within the poverty line getting all kinds of free aid.

#11     Apr 4, 2011
  2. Well it is private employment and they pay taxes so even better than welfare. Government is not paying their salaries. Tubby McFatty and his 3 BigMac a day habit is covering the cost.

#12     Apr 4, 2011
  3. It would be an arb for the govt if they (the govt) fronted the payroll as it costs more in Welfare/WIC than their $320 weekly paycheck (for households).

#13     Apr 4, 2011
  4. Its symbolic. I agree with the poster who said A for effort.

Because alot of companies have use the downturn to fleece its workforce. Payroll cuts, overtime cut , scaling back benefits, etc... And many are deep in the black.

#14     Apr 4, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Taxes? Well, they pay into social security. They will pay no federal income tax. But cheaper to feed them at McDonalds then food stamps.

#15     Apr 4, 2011
  6. That's assuming a significant percentage of the long term unemployed are, in fact, EMPLOYABLE. Most of them are not, especially for the type of work required in fast food prep, etc. On their feet 8-10 hours a day, interacting with customers. It's not a good job, but it doesn't mean it's easy.

They'd be better of finding another makeshift government job that will pay them some obscene amount of money while the state's continue towards insolvency.

#16     Apr 4, 2011
  7. We have a multi-billion dollar industry in this country called "Public Relations".

In fact, I'm convinced that is one thing we do in this country better than anybody in the world. We have mastered the art of bullshit.

#17     Apr 4, 2011
  8. I agree. And McDonalds has been benefitted greatly from the area of public relations. They're good at it.

#18     Apr 4, 2011