MCD Perma Closing It's Restaurants In Russia

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Nobert, May 17, 2022.

1. Nobert

Nobert

2. Overnight

Overnight

Heh, some folks were smart a few months ago with the March announcement of the pullout.

I cannot get over the pic of that guy's fridge packed to the gills with McD product.

Nobert likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

By the way, I thought today that if anything would start a new Russian revolution, this would be it. I mean, you take away 30+ years of McD? How can they not revolt against the commie Putin? Make it so!

KCalhoun and comagnum like this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Given the fact that Russian youth already doesn't like the actions of their leaders, it will have an impact.
    Easy choice for me tho, which restaurant now to choose.

Especially, when 9% (?) of their rev comes from there, it takes some strength, to do that.
    Respect for the brand.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  5. It's ironic that we are told sanctions are designed to hurt Putin. Does he eat a lot of big macs??

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

they are not forced to close by sanctions, they are closing because they chose to.

Frederick Foresight and Nobert like this.
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

"Let them eat cake". Uhhh unless Entenmann's is there too and pulling out?

8. Oh sure. Sanctions had nothing to do with such a profitable choice. :)

9. xandman

xandman

Joke is on everybody. The American people just cut a check for $40 Bill. The Ukraine war can now be resolved and Ukranians will just get a sliver of relief aid once their country is taken over. Perhaps, they will help rebuild Chicago. Most of the funds will stay with the Administration as unallocated money. The great con continues.

And, China is just waiting in the wings to execute its offensive before monsoon season in Nov. You will never find a country with a civilian population so prepped on what's to come.

clacy likes this.
  10. Americans pay for everything

#10     May 17, 2022