MCD is in big trouble. May not exist in 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ironchef

ironchef

I read your post in April when MCD was at 94+, bought long calls. Saw your post on short squeeze when it was at ~100, quickly closed my long positions.

Thanks and appreciate your tips. Tell us when we should go back in.

#71     Jun 10, 2015
  2. hajimow

hajimow

I am happy that we both are constantly making profit. You claim it, I prove it. Check out the attachment.

• MCD.JPG
      MCD.JPG
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    #72     Jun 10, 2015
  3. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Ok, but if MCD close above 96 dollars (we are close), trade is dead. Back again to 100 dollars.

CM

mcd2.gif

#73     Jun 11, 2015
  4. hajimow

hajimow

How did you get that $96 story? Sorry to upset you but the option is Call 97 and the premium that I got was 1.07 so I am safe till 98.07 and there is only one day left. I can cover it at 4 cents now but I want all of it. 4x17=$68 is a nice dinner in a luxury restaurant !!.

#74     Jun 11, 2015
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Appreciate your comments.

So, what should one do?

I am already out and waiting for the next move. Should I go long again or move on to the next opportunity elsewhere?

I am not good at tech analysis but do study fundamentals carefully. From what I read about the turnaround and my visiting the local M restaurants, the new menu is confusing, expensive (for those going to MacD) and hard to follow. During my time there not a single customer ordered the "make your own". Many of the stores looked tired, the service was the same: slow. I think the stock price will languish but I don't think it will go out of business in 5 years.

#75     Jun 11, 2015
  6. xandman

xandman

Did you notice the 24 hour breakfast menu? That was implemented by the CEO, who led the top performing UK markets.

#76     Jun 11, 2015
  7. ironchef

ironchef

xandman,

No, didn't see the 24 hr breakfast menu where I am. I was at MacD yesterday for lunch at 11:30. No more breakfast menu on the board. Heard they were testing it only in San Diego?

#77     Jun 11, 2015
    xandman likes this.
  8. hajimow

hajimow

I cannot buy it or it may not be effective in long term. On TV, it was mentioned that profit margin for a breakfast sandwich is much less than a burger ($0.85 cent vs $1.8) so if they sell more breakfast sandwich that might chip away from their burger sales. That is what was said on the report and they are not my words.

#78     Jun 11, 2015
  9. xandman

xandman

Their margins are a lot better now than before the last recession. I don't even see a noticeable dip during the last recession.

#79     Jun 11, 2015
  10. bone

bone

So, where does the opinion that MCD may not even exist in 5 years come from... personal opinion ?

#80     Jun 11, 2015