MCD is in big trouble. May not exist in 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ironchef

ironchef

Don't know but most of the time @hajimow was writing puts on MCD.

#381     Jan 17, 2020
  2. %%
    THAT;
    + $00.89 MCD discount coffee eats>> SBUX lunch LOL...................................................................................

#382     Jan 20, 2020
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Ok, five years are up, is MCD out of business ? What a god awful forecast this was.

#383     Apr 18, 2020
    PoopyDeek likes this.
  4. ironchef

ironchef

You should do what he did instead of what he said.

You see sir, he told us MCD was going out of business while he did the opposite of what he said: He was selling MCD puts. They were bullish trades.

#384     Apr 18, 2020
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

Should have said JCP or Macys...newspapers or retail. Those are the industries that are dying.

#385     Apr 18, 2020
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Hajimow was all about making a big splash I would not be surprised if he ran into some serious problems with his near month option strategies at some point.

#386     Apr 19, 2020
    noddyboy likes this.
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

How are you playing covid? There is a lot of panic, but there is also a lot of real destruction of the economy because people just cannot go to work. Couple that with FOMC free money. What is the trade?

#387     Apr 19, 2020
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

My general themes were posted last few weeks but the main trades are basically done I've taken profits on a lot of stuff already. I still like gold miners long ( plenty on the TSX to choose from ). Moving forward, I'm bearish on the SPX short term ( TZA is a reasonable way to play it ), like picking up Canadian banks and a few other blue chips on the dips, will readdress US markets if we get a pronounced down side move. Basically, the US companies I like are overpriced relative to their Canadian counterparts imo. A few side interests are health care firms like GILD/ABBV and short term energy trades.

#388     Apr 20, 2020
    noddyboy likes this.
  9. Too many stupid people have poor taste and MCD control so many core locations - it's hard to avoid. Tim Hortons essentially sells bland hospital food and they've exploded somehow (nearly 600 stores in USA, nice one). Don't underestimate a growing idiotic and careless population.

#389     May 2, 2020
  10. Cabin111

Cabin111

There are 4 McDonald's in my town. They have such great locations, they bulldozed one building and started from scratch...

#390     May 2, 2020