MCD is in big trouble. May not exist in 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jpmswiss

jpmswiss

To my surprise I was at a MCD and they had a really cheap full menu - even in expensive Switzerland CHF 8.10. No wonder the rest of the industry is tanking

#351     Nov 12, 2017
    777 likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

MCD will not die. You can't kill this monster. When street musicians from NYC go on about it? Golden! (Arches and fries, etc. :) )

#352     Nov 14, 2017
  3. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

You are crazier than I thought!
    The funny thing is that eventually MCD can be a good short now, or at least a take profit, and you are bull ?! Crazy

CM

#353     Nov 15, 2017
  4. hajimow

hajimow

No I do not have any position on MCD. I will not touch it either. It has been a while that I am a big fan of SBUX. I am bearish on 95% of the stocks.

#354     Nov 15, 2017
  5. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Ok, why not, on a ST basis.
    For once, I agree with you. Strange !

CM

#355     Nov 15, 2017
  6. hajimow

hajimow

Let's say I wanted to short MCD, I would sell MCD 170 Call to collect premium and have enough buffer. I do not short the stock outright. I start with option trade. I do not buy any option. I just sell.

#356     Nov 15, 2017
  7. hajimow

hajimow

Oh I realized I did not answer your question. The answer is for no reason. Now I am not concentrating on MCD. There are tons of stocks good to short. Here are my positions:
    Short: CAT, COST, ADI, AMZN, AAPL, HD
    Long : SBUX, GLD, VZ

#357     Nov 15, 2017
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Selling MCD puts? How do you hedge in case you are wrong?

#358     Nov 15, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

McDonald’s workers plan to strike for sexual harassment policy reform
    [​IMG]
    McDonald’s employees across the country have planned a one-day strike in hopes of forcing management to take stronger steps against sexual harassment, the Associated Press reports. The walkout will begin at lunchtime on September 18, and will affect franchises in 10 U.S. cities: Chicago; Durham, North Carolina; Kansas City and St. Louis, Missouri; Los Angeles; Miami; Milwaukee; New Orleans; Orlando; and San Francisco. Organizers say this will be the first multi-state strike in the U.S. targeting sexual harassment in the workplace. (Fortune)

#359     Sep 13, 2018
  10. DTB2

DTB2

Yawn, nobody will care.

#360     Sep 13, 2018