MCD is in big trouble. May not exist in 5 years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I followed a few of his trades. They were extremely high risk, with any sudden move against him could have caused a large loss. In fact, the day before expiry, on one such trade, he was sitting on a precarious ( and losing ) overnight position that could have been a massive loss on open. He lucked out and the price rebounded on expiry day. Too much risk for too little return in my opinion.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    #331     May 16, 2016
  2. Yepper....waiting until expiration day to close-out a trade is always hairy. Volatility can be crazy on the day-of.

#332     May 17, 2016
  3. It's already more than a year since the first post and MCD is still alive and kicking:D

#333     May 17, 2016
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Covered my positions with 3.2% loss in total (from start to close). The reason that my loss is low is that I was selling options to reduce the damage. This trade needed more patient that I had.

#334     Jun 27, 2016
  5. hajimow

hajimow

sold SBUX weekly 52.5 PUT at 0.42 . naked PUT.

#335     Jun 27, 2016
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Ha....

I'm not into fast food...rarely eat maybe once or 3 times a year....however McDonald's will be around for the next 20+ years. MCD has been in trouble before and probably will have some setbacks along the way but for this entire franchise to disappear in 5 years is not happening.....4 more years from now and McDonald's will still be here.

#336     Jun 27, 2016
    felixbocharov likes this.
  7. 2rosy

2rosy

MCD is taking over oprah studios as its new headquarters

#337     Jun 27, 2016
  8. yeah I guess the thinking is they will attract more millennials by being in the city, brave new world. Still waiting for them to split the hamburger/french fry business.

#338     Jun 27, 2016
  9. Sure it will be, in some sense MCD is also too big to fail, because it's simply not that easy for this monster to collapse.

#339     Jun 27, 2016
  10. ironchef

ironchef

Went to MCD twice recently, once at the airport waiting for my flight the other time at a local place. I was pleasantly surprised, the services were better, faster, the places clean and I ordered the all day breakfast which I liked better than their burgers. Seemed like a lot of folks did that too. They really don't have any significant competitions for the all day breakfast offerings, so, I think MCD will be around 4 years from now.

#340     Jun 27, 2016