McChrystal to Obama... "Go F*CK YOURSELF"!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jun 22, 2010.

1. the Rolling Crap article is unreadable drug induced ranting by a cokehead writer.

Hussein would be as comfortable in a room of army men as , say, a crack dealer.

#21     Jun 22, 2010
  2. It seems everybody is a hero now days.

#22     Jun 22, 2010
  3. McChrystal knew what he was doing. Serious stuff when you call bullshit on the Big Boss. McChrystal sacrificed his career for his honor and the lives of his men. The Founding Fathers would give him "two thumbs up".

#23     Jun 22, 2010
  4. If the general was trying to make a statement he made it in the dumbest way possible. What a disgrace. An interview with Rolling Stone...please. He should have just resigned, then gone on the TV talk show circuit and made his point...as a private citizen. This is the correct way to make his point.

Even raw recruits know that the president is Commander In Chief and at the top of the chain of command. The general's behavior is totally inexcusable by active duty military personnel, especially at his rank. It does not matter who is president...republican or democrat or rather the president is popular or not. The military is not congress...there is a definate chain of command and respect for superior officers. What do you think the General would have done if a colonel under his command had done the same thing to him?

The president should have congress demote him to Lt. Colonel and make him serve another few years in Afghanistan working for those he previously commanded. This way he can learn what the chain of command is.

The Founding Fathers would have never tolerated such foolish behavior...they were adamant about civilian control of the military. This is not about President OBama and rather you agree with him and his policies...if left unchecked this very same thing could happen under a conservative president that you like.

#24     Jun 22, 2010
  5. “I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome.”-Stanley McChrystal

#25     Jun 22, 2010

6. The bigger picture here is it is showing a growing crisis of leadership coming from this rag-tag band of hooligans and gov.t wannabees (Obamatrons). The good General is probably fed up. But, he probably should have stepped down as you say.

#26     Jun 22, 2010
  7. Fire the jackass. This is about civilian control of the military, respect for the chain of command, and the concepts of disrespect and insubordination.

#27     Jun 22, 2010
  8. That's why it's a big deal when a high ranking officer makes disparaging remarks about a superior... especially the president.

If a Colonel had made such remarks about a General, he'd most likely be given a choice between resigning his commission or facing court martial.

McChrystal is either going to be apologetic and say he's sorry for being pissy. That would be quite lame. Or, he's going to stand by his comments and retire from the army. I hope it's the latter. Obama deserves to be called out as a dillhole as CIC. We'll see.

#28     Jun 22, 2010
  9. You might want to figure out why the founding fathers made civilian leadership head of the US military

You could also read up on Thomas Conway to get an idea of how the founding fathers would feel

#29     Jun 22, 2010
  10. He has already apologized

#30     Jun 22, 2010