McCain's homeowner plan good for his campaign and the economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 9, 2008.

1. If you're going to lose, at least lose on your principles. McCain looks desperate and phony.

His campaign had been doing a lot of things right, up until this bailout fiasco. He should have been 20 points behind.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. He is acting like he is confused or actually not knowing whose advice to take when he needs to follow his core principles as you mentioned.

IMO-one possible outcome of this election is a 3rd party.

The big risk in this election as I see it is the Democrats will control the White House and Congress and maybe get a veto proof majority in the Senate.

Seneca

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. According to the most recent polls mccain is only behind by 2-5 points. Its not that bad. He can still win.

There are a lot of voters in swing states who are facing a lot of fear and uncertainty regarding the ability to pay their mortgage. I'm sure a a large proportion of these would vote democrat because they view Obama as more competent regarding the economy. Now McCain is offering a solution that should appeal to these struggling homeowners.

it's a brilliant campaign move in the last 28 days of the election because Now Obama is the one playing catchup and the media attention is surrounding McCain. And with the markets plunging again people want the government more than ever to lend a hand.

McCain's poll numbers will surge on this, especially if he discusses his bailout in the 3rd debate.

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Stockie, if your willing to put the money up in Escrow before hand I'll bet you $2000 that McCain gets his ass kicked in 28 days. Lets see how sure you really are.

#14     Oct 9, 2008
  5. Why not just go on intrade and buy Obama contracts?

#15     Oct 9, 2008
  6. sho-tim

sho-tim

I wish he would have led the oppo to the bailout, too, but unfortunately if the bailout would have stalled, then the market did what it has done, including things like today, there wouldn't even be a few conservatives talking about how he still has a chance. He could just concede.

#16     Oct 9, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

What makes you think I have not? You might just be stupid enough to give me 2 to 1 odds though, and if you are I'd love to make the bet with ya.

#17     Oct 9, 2008
  8. #18     Oct 10, 2008
  9. Oh, you must be talking about when he said this

McCain: As president of the United States. ... I would order the secretary of the treasury to immediately buy up the bad home loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes – at the diminished value of those homes and let people be able to make those – be able to make those payments and stay in their homes.

Well first of all he said ". I would order the secretary of the treasury to immediately buy up the bad home loan mortgages in America"- the $700 billion rescue package ALREADY DOES THAT. Oh and he said "renegotiate at the new value of those homes"...when the $700 billion bailout ALREADY says ( this is from the bill that already passed) "the Secretary shall consent, where appropriate (to) loss mitigation measures, including term extensions, rate reductions (or) principal write downs."...yet he said it was "HIS proposal" lol. Ok. He's merely advocating ideas that not only weren't his, but have already been put into affect!

Oh and just for the hell of it, on Sept. 23 Obama said "we should consider giving the government the authority to purchase mortgages directly instead of simply purchasing mortgage-backed securities."

Geeze. Some people.

#19     Oct 10, 2008
  10. Stock_turder, you're doing a great job at showing that you are just as clueless at analyzing politics as you are with your stock picks!

Get a fucking clue dude! Do yourself a favor and cancel your AOL dial-up account and stay off the internet for a couple years. No doubt you will be smarter for it.

#20     Oct 10, 2008