McCain's Great Grandfather Owned 52 Slaves

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Whats worse.

The housing debacle, or the choice we've been given for the highest office in the land.

#11     Jul 27, 2008
  2. Some of you are still missing the point.

I could care less that McCain's Great Grandfather owned slaves, and I'd never blame him for it.

Similarly, I'd never blame Obama in a 'gulit by association' manner as some of the recent threads suggest.

I'm not voting for either candidate in a presidential election this year for the first time since I was of voting age.

You have no idea how much this decision is depressing me. I just can't continue to participate in this sham, two-party duopoly anymore, when the choice is between terrible and terrible.

#12     Jul 27, 2008
  3. I guess you don't care if the planet is healed or not. LOL, actually I agree totally with you. Terrible, depressing choice.

#13     Jul 27, 2008
  4. I'm just wondering how painful or obvious things will have to get for Americans before the two party system is actually torn apart.

Don't misunderstand - I still think we have it incredibly good in the U.S., even if the economy is in a recession, or at least recession-light.

I'm just wondering how many more years we will be able to maintain a decent standard of living by deficit spending, with a crashing dollar, and with rampant corruption amidst the revolving door (government to private sector) that we call our Capitol.

By the time the fat part of the population curve realizes something is terribly amiss, it may be too late to fix the fundamentals.

#14     Jul 27, 2008
  5. Thread Granted "ET's Dumbest Thread of the Day Award"
    Congratulations!

#15     Jul 27, 2008
  6. Can you please post a credible source showing that Obama supports slavery reparations

#16     Jul 28, 2008
  7. Maybe Mac's ancestors "owned" Barak's ancestors?

The media would have field day with that bit of worthless trivia!

#17     Jul 28, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

In this day and age of lies, propaganda and misinformation is there any such anymore?

#18     Jul 28, 2008
  9. Perhaps this is grandson's chance to own 300 million. Just saying.

Jesus

#19     Jul 28, 2008