McCain's CRIMINAL health plan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by cybtropic, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Ever heard of type I diabetes, you moron? Did you ever STUDY at ALL?

#21     Oct 30, 2008
  2. Outliers, Type I's aren't fat asshole morons like you probably are... I see these fat morons waddling around all over the place.. dumb people have shitty lives, why penalize the intelligent?

#22     Oct 30, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

That's true, but you miss the point. The whole idea of reform is to make health care work like any market. Right now you have "buyers" (the insured) that could care less what something costs. Same goes for the providers (doctors, hopitals). It's true that you probably can't negoitiate right now, but if people have to pay more out their pocket, they will shop and the market will eventually respond. I'll give you a little example. This past spring I needed minor surgery. I have an HSA so I am on the hook for the first $5,000. Two hospitals wanted $2,700-$2,900 for the procedure. I shopped around and found a doctor that would perform it on an out-patient basis and charged me $600.

One of the biggest problems with any plan to reform is the fact that young, healthy people will not buy something they don't need. This raises the cost for everyone else since you have fewer healthy people in the system paying premiums. They need to offer enough of an incentive to get more of these people to sign up. That can be done with tax credits or write offs. Once you get everyone on board, the ones with pre-existing conditions can be pooled on a tier system and all the insurers will have to agree to take a set number of them in order to do business in a state. Right now everyone is gaming the system because of the way it is set up. Why is everyone suprised?

#23     Oct 30, 2008
  4. If you have had insurance during the last 6 months you don't have to worry about pre-existing conditions but you'll still get screwed if you have any. You WILL get coverage and the pre's will be covered assuming the above, but your premiums will be about 1800 per month, or roughly 21k per year. Hooray for that 5k. What a deal!

#24     Oct 30, 2008
  5. You definitely fit into the "sarah palin" republican-type.
    How about cancer? Ever heard of that one? If you never spent time educating yourself, why bother commenting on something you are completely clueless about?

#25     Oct 30, 2008
  6. Well that is not true, as I have said before, you could end up in the hospital for unforceen illness, and you will have to cover the medical costs for that treatment, could be tens of thousands. You could buy insurance at that point, but it wouldnt cover costs of your hosptial stay two months ago.

But then again, most americans are ignorant, I think some people proved that on here already. So maybe you are right.

#26     Oct 30, 2008
  7. Generally speaking the Average American is legaleaze stupid.

The politicians present and sell a nicely wrapped package and the public buys based on appearance and a few words outlining the concept. once opened its a legal can of worms. ie.

ERISA: No benefit to the employee just the insurer. Pre-emptive clauses taking litigation out of the states control. Limits damages and gices the insurance companies a license to screw and steal. Total BS.

Tobacco Settlement: Settlement is paid through Increased cigarette taxes and gave big tobacco a government protected monopoly at the state level.

Financial Rescue plan: = get out of jail free card, in effect is a Tax increase + pork.

Nothing is as it seems as everyone has an agenda. Just like the election. Voting is futile as the electoral college dictates. Imagine if the average american really understood their vote is meaningless and just a federal exercise...

#27     Oct 30, 2008
  8. This race is all but over. So no worries on McCains health plans. All media sources say it'll take a miracle to have McCain elected. Obama is comfortably leading in PA, VA, OH, NM, etc etc....and neck to neck in FL. if obama wins just 1 of these 8 states, he should have enough. Right now, he appears to have them all.

#28     Oct 30, 2008
  9. jd7419

jd7419

Yes it is true. If I am young and have no assests why in the hell should I get a policy. I will go to the hospital in the event of a catastrophe and then I will claim bankruptcy and not have any assets for the collectors to take. Simple concept really.

#29     Oct 30, 2008
  10. Unless you have a job making minumum wage, you won't be able to declare bankrupcy. Bankrupcy Laws have changed substantially. You literally have to be unemployed for 6+ months with lots of debt to declare it. You can't just declare it after losing your job. They use your income over the last year, and if it is greater than a predetermined amount based on your debt, you will not be able to declare it.

New laws were written by credit card companies recently. Just like McCain's plan, made my insurance companies.

#30     Oct 30, 2008