McCain's Belligerence On Georgia Scares Me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 15, 2008.

1. No doubt that's part of it. The Kososvo operation was deeply humiliating for the Russians.

#11     Aug 18, 2008
  2. A belief based on nothing other than your personal bias. What differentiates Obama starkly from Bush and somewhat from McCain is that he can think better than they can. Complex and potentially dangerous situations require an intelligent, nuanced and flexible mind. Obama is better qualified. Looking before leaping can saves ankles.

#12     Aug 18, 2008
  3. Obama favors a law enforcement approach to terrorism. That means the full panoply of due process criminal procedure protections for terrorists. Obama is in the forefront of democrat hysteria over common sense anti-terrorism tools such as tapping overseas calls to known terrorists. Couple this with his enthusiastic support for open borders, amnesty and family ties to islam and you have a recipe for disaster.

#13     Aug 18, 2008
  4. I couldn't disagree more.

IMO Obama's aggressive posture vis a vis Afghanistan and Pakistan is MUCH more worrisome than anything pertaining to Russia, Iraq or Iran.

While I see McCain as playing to what he percieves to be his strength-military policy-I see Obama as a guy who'll feel he has something to prove.

You're not the first to use the Cuba analogy. Democrats portrayed Goldwater much as the same way they do McCain. LBJ was considered the "peace" candidate much like Obama. The same mis guided logic that brought us Vietnam.

If Obama is elected I honestly expect him to use war as economic stimulous and the draft as a "social program" to ease minority unemployment. He'll sell it like the snakeoil salesman he is. "We're going after the real terrorists and the draft will make sure whites ALSO do the fighting."

Paste it and save..........

#14     Aug 18, 2008
  5. Kill Castro instead assassinating Diem and going to war in Nam.

#15     Aug 18, 2008
  6. OMG ...LOL that is too funny....:D

"Whitey is gonna fight dis one bitches!!!!"

Pasted and saved.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=11923&title=black-bush

#16     Aug 18, 2008
  7. Let's not dismiss and conveniently forget who had opposed the Iraq invasion. So if you're going to extrapolate and raise concerns about what has not yet happened...

The best you can hope for is to have an intelligent, thinking leader at the helm who will genuinely listen to, and carefully weigh, disparate opinions from a panel of experts before making important decisions. It is undeniable that Bush only listened to what he wanted to hear. McCain is following in many of Bush's footsteps.

#17     Aug 18, 2008
  8. Given his recent flip flopping on many of his core issues who knows. Being anti war in Iraq as a State Senator from a VERY liberal distict in Chicago is a lot different than voting on the floor of the U.S. Senate. Obama is far up Israels ass. Read his comments.

I've already provided many links here of Obamas hawkish comments pertaining to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Opposing Iraq is hardly a litmus test for peace. Likewise supporting Iraq isn't a litmus test for being a war monger. If so then what would one say about the motive of Dem's like Kerry, Edwards, Lieberman, Biden, Clinton ect. who voted for the removal of Saddam.

#18     Aug 18, 2008
  9. #19     Aug 18, 2008
  10. #20     Aug 18, 2008