McCain will come out looking like a hero rallying Republican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sttrader, Sep 26, 2008.

1. wasnt mccain saying the economy was sound 10 days ago

wasnt he saying he was against bailouts 5 days ago?

now he's a 'Maverick' because he flip flops again and trys to shove a trillion dollar theft down his partyy's throat?

That Amnesty he tried to pull would have been over 2 trillion easy, and would have GLUTTED the job market in a 'depression'

never seen anyone less 'leader like' in my life

#11     Sep 26, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

So.. we have a choice between him an the "empty suit, no experience... but a GREAT LINE OF BULLSHIT", NObama...

What do you think about America's future? :mad: :mad:

#12     Sep 26, 2008
  3. sg20

sg20

I'd rather vote for McCain the national hero than a guy who is mentally retarded who has a voting record 130 times present, a very confused mind. Obama is also controversial; white working population and religious groups won't vote for him; he has no chance of winning election. The pollster and the pundit will be shocked to find out the hard way comes November. Go McCain.

#13     Sep 26, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Correctamundo! But unfortunately, Americans are so politically naive we don't have the understanding to elect someone like Ron Paul, Jim Bunning, or Warren Redmond...

We just "stick our heads in the sand and vote the same way our parents did"... PUKE! :mad: :mad:

#14     Sep 26, 2008
  5. McCain will come out looking like a hero if he can get Pelosi, Reid, and the Democrats to walk the plank with Bush, Pauslon, and Bennie and allow McCain and the House Republicans to be against the plan with the overwhelming majority of the American people.

I do not know how stupid Pelosi and Reid are, but it would be politically damaging for them to side with the President and his administration and allow the McCain and the house Republicans to get the political high ground.

#15     Sep 26, 2008
  6. wjk

wjk

Bleak. Agree about our choices.

#16     Sep 26, 2008
  7. JCVR

JCVR

There was a deal in place that the market seemed to like and the REPUBLICANS fucked it up, in part because they wanted to give more tax breaks to the corporations. I am not a member of either party was going to vote for McCain and now I think he looks like a complete dousche bag. All that talk of being bipartisan and doing whats right, crossing party lines, etc is all bullshit. You had a deal but let it fall through. because your stupid party couldn't all get there heads around it.

I guess I'm a wall streeter and I am fed up with all this crap, honestly if they scrapped the whole plan I wouldn't care, just let me short!

#17     Sep 26, 2008
  8. wjk

wjk

I wonder if the dems could get the plan through without republicans on board. I wonder if they are willing to stick their necks out without the ability to blame the right if it fails. I think that's the real game.

#18     Sep 26, 2008
  9. dont take that as an endoresment of obama - i'd never vote for him

#19     Sep 26, 2008
  10. The irony is that Pelosi and Reid have demonized Bush and now they are in the position of supporting him against the core of his party.

The Republicans are prodding the Democrats to pass the plan without them which would be a HUGE political misstep for the Dems.

But John Harwood reported that he got an email from a Democrat saying that was a possibility.

The Dems WANT the Presidency and they WANT the debates.

McCain tends to be a crazy intemperate old geezer, but staying underground as he has done may force the Democrats into making a move that they would regret.

I am not sure if the crazy unpredictable act will get McCain in the White House but I bet by not putting his cards or any cards on the table is driving the Dems crazy.

#20     Sep 26, 2008