McCain Will Bankrupt the United States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jamis359, Mar 21, 2008.

1. So she will create a new tech boom, and have a republican congress that actually attempted to control spending?

That is why the markets did well under Bill. I have been trading full time since the Reagan days, so I have seen a trend or two.

Its amazing how people give Clinton credit for the market performance under his administration. It was in spite of him, not because of him! Don't think so? OK, what policies created by good 'ol Bill led to such a buoyant market? The balanced budgets were far more a result of Newt and his crew of '94 sweeping into office. THAT IS WHY THEY WERE VOTED INTO OFFICE. It was their main platform. It was only after this that Bill became a balanced budget fan as well. The Dems were routed in 1994. Clinton had no choice but to go along. Luckily, this coincided with the tech boom almost exactly. Receipts were so big that almost any budget would have done well.

That said, Clinton was surprisingly middle of the road in most things, but his wife and Obama are not! They both want to spend and tax like mad.

#31     Mar 21, 2008
  2. TraderC

TraderC

McCain is just another Neo-Con. With Lieberman by his side constantly, he might as well kowtow to the Jews and suck up all their campaign donations to fight his hundred year war in Iraq.

#32     Mar 21, 2008
  3. McCain is NOT a neocon. The neocons can't stand the guy. He is quite liberal on many social issues, and crosses party lines all the time. The only reason he will get conservative support is because the alternatives are a disaster for conservatives.

And he never said anything about fighting a 100 year war. Taken out of context yet again. He said it may take that long having a US presence there just as the USA is STILL in Japan, Germany, Korea, etc. I hate it when people twist statements to support their own agenda.

BTW, I don't even like like Mac, I just hate misstatements more.

#33     Mar 22, 2008
  4. Average American family "can't pay their bills"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=122108

#34     Mar 22, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm 47 and to be honest making more money NOW than I did when that lying pig eyed sack of shit "I did not have sex with that women" guy was in office.

#35     Mar 22, 2008
  6. TraderC

TraderC

You are a neocon fool. The presence of Joe Lieberman by McCain's side on his trip to Israel is no accident.

Their common interest is to occupy Iraq for as long as possible, and bomb Iran as soon as possible. If that's not a neocon agenda, I don't know what is.

#36     Mar 23, 2008
  7. I'm not a neocon either. I don't remotely identify with them. I am an independent with liberal social views, and conservative fiscal views (the traditional conservative fiscal views, not Bush's views).

You have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like a college kid with a far left poly sci professor. Serious paranoia there? You sound a bit prejudice against Jews as well.

#37     Mar 23, 2008
  8. TraderC

TraderC

Do you know the neocon agenda?

Answer: Invade Iraq and Bomb Iran.

Guess what, that is exactly what McCain intends to do. So, how can you say MCain is not a neocon?

Trying to paint anyone anti-war as prejudice against Jews is a pretty lame way to go. I guess that's how you guys operate.

#38     Mar 23, 2008
  9. OK? Exact quote from you, dated 3-21, this thread...

"With Lieberman by his side constantly, he might as well kowtow to the Jews and suck up all their campaign donations to fight his hundred year war in Iraq."

Nice try Einstein.

#39     Mar 24, 2008
  10. you are about 95% neoconned.

#40     Mar 24, 2008